Chapter 1

"What time is it?" The small clock on my nightstand seemed brighter then usual, my eyes needed time to adjust to the bright numbers writing, on this solid peace of junk, 2:06 am.

I grab my hair and pull at it, mornings really aren't my thing and the thought of being awake, way to early gets me irritated as fuck.

"Fuck!!!"

My face lands into my pillow once again, and I fall back asleep, ignoring that my tiredness was really overwhelming today.

-

"Ritsuka!!!"

My eyes are wide open at the shock, of hearing my name being called this early in the morning.

7:56 am to be exact.

Of course, Yayoi is the owner of the loud ass voice, this early in the fucking morning.

I'm going to murder her one day but at least she gets me up, so I won't have to be in trouble with my teachers for being late again.

"Ugh can you not yell my name this early?"

All she does is laugh and hand me a plate, freshly made pancakes with nothing on it, yes they stay plain and I like it, thank you very much.

-

The day is slow, until the finale period of the school day starts, we are getting a new student tomorrow. It was a last minute arrangement the teacher said to us before giving an assignment, parents really ask why their kids are so stressed out.

Itaya sits next to me, as well with Ueki that's next to him and has to endure his weirdness.

"So...new kid huh?" My eyebrows curve into a frown not really getting the point Itaya is making, "Come on!! Do you think it's a girl???"

Ueki sighs, "What does it matter Itaya?" He looked slightly annoyed but I know deep down he really enjoys our company.

"Well maybe one of us won't be single anymore? Maybe even soon?!?"

A small laugh comes out of my mouth, as I lay my head against the cold surface of the small school desk. "Are you seriously going to sleep?!" Itaya has way to much energy for being at school, is the last thought I have before falling asleep.

-

I got woken up by an annoying nudge on my arm and I realize, class is finally over.

Us three decided to stay for a little longer, the teacher doesn't mind, so I decide to ignore him for a little bit and it works, he turns to Ueki and starts to pester him about the new student again, that's coming tomorrow.

I wonder who will show up?

-

Walking into the house after school, is usually the same thing over and over again.

I plop into bed, closing my eyes and fall asleep for just a quick nap. It usually doesn't last long and I start to mess around with my guitar for most of the afternoon, rest of the afternoon in reality.

6:02 pm

That's when Yayoi barges into my room and annoys me about this cute boy she found on campus, which goes on for awhile.

For a really long time...

-

"Hey are you hungry?" She stopped talking, looking up and nodded "What shall it be tonight?" I think for a little bit.

"Frozen pizza?"

She nods "Tomorrow we really have to eat something different"

"Yeah sure but for today it's pizza!!"

I rush to the fridge and grabbing the last frozen pizza we had in the freezer compartment, letting it finish cooking. The rest of the night we just talked and sat on the couch, until our parents came home and made us go sleep.

-

Laying down on my bed, staring at the ceiling silently and not really doing much, I randomly get the thought "What is this new student really going to be like?" I shake the thought away and finally I get to fall asleep.

-

I'm in love with my own story so far 😭