Chapter 3

Text

Yayoi: food downstairs I'm going out today, mom and dad already know but they are going on a small trip so they don't mind. Bye!!

"Well this is nice"

I shake my head, getting myself to wake up a little more and start checking some things on my phone.

Tick...

I look up and around the room but I heard nothing but then the small ticking noise starts again.

"If it's the neighbours kid again" Mentally preparing myself to yell at the kid, yes, I will yell at the kid to stop throwing rocks at my window and no one can stop me since I'm home alone.

But to my surprise, it's Mafuyu?

"Wtf? Please don't tell me, he's the neighbours kid"

Don't tell me there goes the quiet, shy and no trouble at all student, gone out of the picture.

I open my window and he just stands there awkwardly "Mafuyu? What are you doing here?"

"Your friends forced me, please help me"

I look to the side, as I can finally see Itaya and Ueki laughing their asses off in the back, looking at something on their phones.

"Wait a second, I'll come downstairs" He nods, I grab my phone and a jacket since it's already almost winter, it gets fucking cold here for some reason.

-

"What are you doing with those two?" He scratches the back of his neck.

"I was just walking and they begged me to join in their adventure, well Itaya begged"

"Sorry you probably were busy" I close the door and we start walking towards the other two, still laughing their asses off.

"Wasn't planning on doing anything today, I don't really mind" He smiles, he has a bright smile that really could light up a whole room.

"Wanna ditch them? They are laughing together anyways and won't notice us leaving" He looks unsure and doesn't respond for a little while but just slightly nods.

I grab his hand and we start running away, they did notice.

-

We stopped at a small park, sitting down so we could catch our breaths.

"Shit I don't even know what to do now"

I turn to Mafuyu as he looks towards a small body of water, there's a small bridge with a bench placed nicely to overlook the water.

We walk towards the the bench, I sit down but Mafuyu just stays there. Leaning on the small bridge and from the angle I can really see his whole face properly.

I've never been one for admiring things, but I couldn't look away from Mafuyu. His hair flowing perfectly when the small wind hit, his lips having this small pink tint to it and his eyes are sparkling with so much interest, for the wate-

What am I doing?

I look away and just lay my head back, looking towards the sky seeing the small clouds, there's not many today.

I close my eyes for a few seconds, the sun was really bright and it hurt to look at the sky for too long.

"Uenoyama?"

"Hmm?"

He sits beside me on the bench, I keep my eyes closed and just listening to his voice.

"You look really peaceful"

My eyes finally open and I turn my head towards Mafuyu, "You think?" My voice came out softer then I thought, the air and everything made this moment really relaxing and calming.

He nods, "You usual look...hmm like stressed?"

I don't answer and just stay quiet, my head drops onto his shoulder. Really I thought he would've pushed me or told me to move away but nothing.

"I could stay here forever" He says looking back at the water. "What time is it?" He takes out his phone "4:07"

I nod, closing my eyes again.

-

"How long has he been out?" Is all I hear, when opening my eyes I see Mafuyu and Yayoi.

"Yayoi?" She walks up worried "What happened?!?"

I look around confused but then I realize all the blankets on top of me, "Sorry, um guess I was tired?" Scratching the back of my neck, looking away as well.

"So you fell asleep at the park??? Ritsuka what's wrong with you??"

"It's not a big deal..."

Mafuyu is sitting across from the couch, that I was sleeping on and he looked...nothing, his face is blank and just staring at the floor.

"I'm sorry Mafuyu, um I didn't mean to fall asleep and make you worry Yayoi" She walks away, leaving me and Mafuyu alone.

"Uenoyama, I should go but it was nice being at that little spot" He now looked away from the floor, his eyes staring back at mine.

"Yeah..."

He gets up and I just let him leave but he stops midway, "Goodnight, also Uenoyama please don't fall asleep anywhere"

I slightly laugh "Yeah goodnight, promise I won't fall asleep anywhere"

He leaves and I'm just met by a wave of confusion, I really don't remember the few past hours.

-

So the part at the end might've not made sense but I promise it will, next chapter.

Thanks for reading!!