Chapter-2

• Song - Chandaniya chhup jana re •

Song - Chandaniya chhup jana re

~~~

Yashoda didn't dare swiveling her head, she didn't dare breathing, she didn't dare blinking as she stood there frozen. Silent tears trailed down her cheeks, down her neck mixing with the milk from her breasts.

She knew that voice, the smooth melodious tone that once had enthralled the heart of all the people of Gokul, Vrindavan and Barsana. The voice that still echoed in her heart, sometimes waking her up only to make her realise it was her mind playing sick game with her.

"Maiya"

The voice came closer. Yashoda's toes curled, she sucked in a sharp breath as she consoled herself "It's a dream, It's a dream"

"It is no dream Maa" Yashoda closed her eyes as a chill ran down Yashoda's spine when she felt a warm palm over her shoulder "Look at me"

That hand turned her tranquil form around before drawling slowly "I am here Maiya, open your eyes"

Gathering all the might she had, Yashoda slowly opened her eyes, her chest tightened when her gaze collided with the familiar halcyon lotus orbs of her child. Her mouth parted open as she looked up at him agape, not quite believing her own senses.

And there he stood in all his glories, her Kanha, her very own lalla except he was now much taller, much muscular. His  curls longer than they had been, but his orphic eyes still had love oozing out of them, his smile as empyrean as they were twenty fiver years ago. He wore the same cowherd clothe that he used to wear, there was no golden crown to tame his turbulent curls just a thin piece of red clothe around his forehead that had a peacock feather tucked in it.

Tears blurred her vision while her trembling hand raised up to trace her son's opulent visage and as soon as her fingers touched his cheek Yashoda understood, it's no illusion, no reverie. He was there, before her very sight, he was real "Ka-Kanha?"

"Yes Maiya, your Kanha" Her son kissed her forehead.

"Kanha, is that really you?" Yashoda sobbed "But, but you left, you—" She couldn't speak, there was so much to say, so much to express but her brain barely formed any sentence. She threw herself at him and wept on his chest while she felt Krishna's arms wrapping around her fragile body.

She had no idea how long had she been crying, not until the tightness in her chest started going away and a sense of tyyneys replaced all her sorrow and agitation. She slowly removed herself from him and looked up "You've grown up, Kanha" She smiled "And I missed it all"

"I am sorry mother" The child in Krishna, the human emotions in Krishna woke up. Krishna took her to her bed and made her sit on it before kneeling at her feet and placing his head on her lap.