i hope you're okay now

Who knew a heart could break this hard,
or a love like ours could fall apart,
without so much as a warning?
I thought that I was what you wanted.

***

Together with their families,

Samuel Sargin
and
Keith Alster,

request the honor of your presence
at their wedding celebration

SATURDAY NOVEMBER EIGHTEENTH
TWO THOUSAND AND TWENTY THREE

Please bring a friend or partner for this week
long celebration in the beautiful Cayman Islands.
(An all expenses paid trip, plane ticket and all!)

The fun begins on the twelfth of November,
two thousand and twenty three
and ends on the nineteenth.

Please RSVP by the fifth of August, two thousand and twenty three, as there are many things that need to be accounted for.

***

For Sirius, that had to be one of the worst things to open first thing in the morning. No... definitely the worst thing. An invitation to Keith's wedding.... He never thought he'd be receiving that invitation so much as being the one to send it out with him. He couldn't believe that he was already getting married, he and Samuel had only just begun dating two years ago... pretty much right after Keith had broken up with Sirius for no reason... at least none that he had given Sirius. This was pretty much the worst day ever.

prongs 🦌

so guess what i just opened?
Probably the same thing that I just did. Keith's wedding invitation? 🥴
yeah.
I'm sorry Sirius... it must suck.
Wanna come over?
yes please, on my way.

"It's not the fact that I was invited... I mean I guess it's partially that... but like I have to bring someone, I can't just show up alone. That would be even more humiliating." Sirius said while Lily set down a cup of coffee for him. His favorite mug, actually, one that Harry had painted with him while he was babysitting.

"Pads... I think maybe he was just trying to be nice. I mean, Me and Lily were invited, Pete and Mary, Frank and Alice, Marlene and Dorcas... he probably just didn't want you to feel left out, you know?" James said, making sense... and Sirius hated when James made sense.

"Right... I know. I just feel... like a failure in comparison. Like... he's getting married and I'm over him, I am. But... now I feel like I'm doing something wrong." He took a sip of coffee and slumped back in his chair.

"Sirius, you're not doing anything wrong. Keith jumped right back into dating someone after your breakup. You did the opposite, which is fine. And it's not like you haven't gone on dates since you've been single! Just none of them have stuck, and that's okay!" Lily said. Lily was so smart, definitely the smartest person that Sirius had ever met. She graduated from Harvard law and was working for one of the best attorneys in New York City.

"I know, I know. I guess I just wish that I had someone to bring." He said, feeling sorry for himself. "I guess Samuel must be loaded... if this is an all expensed paid vacation for however many people. I know Keith doesn't have that money." James and Lily were both quiet for a bit, they didn't know the right thing to say and to be honest, there wasn't one.