Chapter 5: I love you!

The next day, Hermione woke up with a smile on her face and in a very good mood. She had dreamed of a certain blond guy with steely blue eyes whose smile had haunted her all night. She heard the sound of the shower. Ginny was probably washing up. She stood up and looked out the window. It was raining but nothing even the rain could take away his happiness. Yes, Hermione Granger was in love. And she kept thinking about him and his smile. Ah...his smile...:

"Like a light breath. He tamed meI'm sentimentalAnd it's fatal"She turned away from the window and spun around, arms outstretched. She was happy :"You took me by surpriseI've been in love with it ever sinceAnd my racing heartGinny turned off the water in the shower thinking she heard someone talking. But she quickly realized that this person was not speaking but singing:"Ooh! One time is enoughI can't resist itYou barely sketch itBut how to forgetGinny strained her ears to hear the words. It happened to be Hermione singing, and she seemed in a particularly good mood:"  Your smileHe is the thread of our storyOooh! Etched forever in my memoryI need to feel it, to see it againHe is indispensable to me, irreplaceable."But what smile was she talking about? Or rather whose smile was she talking about? Ron's? No. Harry's? No. So Cedric's? No. But from whom then? :"He is the thread of our loveStill a little stronger day after dayI need to feel it, to see it againIt's easy to giveHow I love your smile"Ginny, tired of being in the dark, got out of the shower, wrapped herself in a towel and sneaked out of the bathroom:"Of course, there are your eyesYour gaze of loveYour way of existingHermione ran her hand over her prom dress on a chair as Ginny sat quietly on her bed.And all those little thingsWhich make me rest in your armsI take the time to loveHermione who still hadn't seen Ginny continued to sing recklessly. Ginny racked her brains to find out which boy's smile made her best friend dream so much:"Once is enoughI can't resist itYou barely sketch itBut how to forgetSuddenly, Ginny had a flash. She saw Hermione dancing in Malfoy's arms hence the phrase "which makes me rest in your arms", she also saw Hermione singing on stage with the Slytherin where she had caught him smiling toothily to Hermione hence the phrase "Once is enough, I can't resist". So the smile that made her super confidante dream was that of the boy who is supposed to be her worst enemy:" Your smileHe is the thread of our storyOoh! Etched forever in my memoryI need to feel it, to see it againIt is indispensable, irreplaceable.No, it was simply impossible. Hermione couldn't have fallen into Malfoy's net. Yesterday she had told Ron that if Hermione wanted to go out with Malfoy, get cuddled by Malfoy, get kissed by Malfoy and even sleep with Malfoy, she would let her. But it was clear that she didn't mean a word of it:"He is the thread of our loveStill a little stronger, day after dayI need to feel it, to see it againIt's easy to giveHow I love your smile"No, she couldn't let her best friend be fooled by Malfoy's other jerk. She couldn't let her fall head over heels for him like all the other Hogwarts jerks who only have eyes for him. Hermione was not one of her groupies who would give anything to be able to spend the night with the Prince of Slytherin:" Your smileHe is the thread of our story. (of our story)Ooh! Etched forever in my memory (in my memory)I need to feel it, to see it againIt is indispensable, irreplaceable.Hermione was dancing, twirling around, oblivious to her best friend's presence. All that mattered to her was him. She saw again in her head, her angelic face, her blond hair falling in front of her beautiful gray eyes. She could still feel her chest sticking against his chest. This contact had made her shudder the day before and if it happened again, she would shudder again:"He's the thread of our love (Ooh! Of our love)Still a little stronger, day after day (Day after day)I need to feel it, to see it againIt's easy to giveHow I love your smile"Hermione looked at herself in the mirror and saw Ginny's reflection watching her behind her. She had the same look as Mrs. Weasley when she was about to argue with Ron or the twins. Which didn't mean anything good to her:"So you're in love with Malfoy?!"No, not at all," lied Hermione.- Stop lying to me. I'm your best friend and I know perfectly well when you're lying but just promise me I won't let you have Malfoy. Please promise me. I don't want you to get heartbroken because of him, he's not worth it.- I want to try! Ginny, if you only knew how good I feel with him. You must know that with Harry. That feeling of emptiness when he's not there. This need to hug you. That feeling of protection when he hugs you. This desire to have it all to yourself.- Yes, I know all that but I am with Harry. And Harry and Malfoy are not the same thing.- And why, it wouldn't be the same thing. Ginny, I promise you Draco will change. I promise you that I will break his heart of ice. I promise you I'm right about him when I say he's not mean. That's what he wants people to believe, but it doesn't work with me.- Yet you thought so 2 years ago.- Yes, but that was 2 years ago. I was 12, I'm 14 now and I thought about it.- Hermione, please don't do anything stupid you'll regret...- But I love Ginny!! You understand that!! I love it ! I'm crazy about him! And yes, your best friend is madly in love with Draco Malfoy whom she is supposed to hate except that she loves him!! »She stopped, caught her breath, and looked Ginny in the eye."I love him Ginny. Don't take away my happiness...And then, hope gives life but I know that I am capable of making it change. And I won't do anything stupid, I promise you, little sister"She went to embrace her best friend in her arms and left to take a shower. Ginny sat up on her bed and put her head in her hands. After all why not ? If her best friend was happy like that, better not spoil her joy. Besides, Malfoy couldn't be so awful!