Chapter 12: The Yule Ball

Ginny walked back into Gryffindor Tower completely exhausted, she went up to her dorm and found Hermione crying, sitting on her bed, her back against the wall, her legs folded up against her chest with a pillow on her knees, her head in it. Ginny rushed over to her best friend and hugged her."  Why are you crying ?- It was no longer possible- What was more possible?- Draco and me.- What are you trying to tell me Mione?- I..I..I...left him.- You have what ??!!!- I left Draco.- Why ?- Because I could no longer bear the gaze of others- Oh no ! There, you really disappoint me!- What ? Why ?- Oh no ! I may not like it very much, but no!- But what ?- You love it ?- Yes...- And I'm sure he does too. »With that, Ginny got up and left the room.At the same time from Draco's side. Blaise went to see him in his room and found him on the floor in the middle of a messy room:"Wow! What happened here? Was there a hurricane or what? »Draco said nothing and kept his head in his hands. Blaise approached him, took his hands away from his eyes and looked at him. His face was devoid of any feelings even his eyes reflected nothing of what he felt. Blaise started to worry:"Dry! What do you have ??! »Still no answer.Blaise shook him like a plum tree but still no reaction:"What did you do with your room?!" Everything is broken except...that. »Indeed, the only thing intact in Draco's room was a large picture in a huge frame that showed Hermione and Draco kissing or in each other's arms. Blaise understood that it was the beautiful Gryffindor:"What happened with Granger?"- Nothing- Oh! You found your tongue! Tell me what happened with Granger! Right away !- She left me...- Why ?- Because of others- How about the others?- She could no longer bear the gaze of others....- And she left you for that? But why are you putting yourself in this state! She's just a girl"Draco gave him a murderous look:"You don't seem to understand Blaise yet it happened to you too." I'm in love with her. I need her, do you understand?- Yes, I understand you better than anyone but...- So !- But don't worry, I'm sure she'll come back!- I'm less sure. She kissed me before leaving and I can assure you it was a goodbye kiss..."Shit..." Blaise muttered.He took his best friend in his arms then picked him up and said:"I'm sure it'll be okay. »Then the days passed without Hermione coming back to Draco. He had tried several times to talk to her but without success. She avoided him like the plague. Hermione was really not well. She no longer ate, no longer laughed. It's as if all his zest for life stayed in Draco's room and refused to come out. She must have lost 2 pounds in just 2 weeks and Ginny was really starting to panic but preferred to just force her to eat a little than tell her.December 24 arrived and our 4 friends had preferred to stay at the castle, not wanting to miss the Christmas ball and the New Year's ball a week after the first.Hermione was going there with Ron for the greatest pleasure of this one who still hadn't made advances to Luna, not having the courage. Ginny naturally went there with Harry.Draco, he didn't want to go but forced by Blaise, he was putting on his tie. He was going there with the other side of a Pekingese, he had named Pansy. Blaise was going with Millicent Bulstrode, Pansy's best friend.Hermione on her side put on her beautiful strapless burgundy dress and went down to join her date in the common room.They went down with Ginny and Harry to the Great Hall where many couples were waiting for the doors to open.Draco rode him up to the Great Hall with Pansy clinging desperately to his arm followed by Blaise and his date.The wooden doors opened and the opening dance began. Everyone had to dance it, it was compulsory. So they entered on a Christmas song.

Ron was waltzing Hermione around but for her it wasn't as magical as in Draco's arms. Only he knew how to make her dream by making her dance.Draco on his side was dancing with Parkinson, one hand on the Slytherin's hip, the other in the pocket of his tuxedo. He watched Hermione dance with the other Weasmoche. He was green with envy. How dare he put his stupid hands on his beautiful girl's hips?! Either way, she was gorgeous. She was the light that illuminated the room. He saw her spinning in Weasley's arms and would so much like to be in the redhead's place rather than have the other jug ​​on his arm.