Chapter 13: Past Improprieties

"You owe us SIX eggs. If you ain't gonna pay us back for 'em..."

Deuce slammed his fist hard into his other palm, yelling at the top of his lungs.
"THEN I GUESS I'LL JUST HAFTA' BEAT YOUR SORRY ASSES SIX TIMES OVER!"

The taller delinquent shook his head, apparently regaining some of his nerve.
"H-Huh?!" He demanded, squaring his shoulders. "What the hell are you talkin' about?! You gonna beat our asses?! HAH!"

He scoffed loudly, raising his own fists.
"Well, we'll just have to see about THAT!"

He leapt forward, swinging hard.

"Deuce!" Kat blurted out, starting forward on instinct.

Deuce ducked under his arm easily, popping up in front of him before he could get his balance back. He pulled back his own fist.
"You better grit those damn..."
He swung hard, catching the bully full on the cheek.
"TEETH!"

"BWAH!" The delinquent grunted, actually flying back with his feet fully leaving the ground.
He landed hard with another groan, coughing. His cheek was already red, and Kat saw him spit up a little bit of blood.

"Oh, damn," she muttered, putting a hand to her mouth and drawing back.

Shaking his head, the delinquent growled, staggering to his feet as he glared at Deuce.
"Wh-- Why, you... You little fuckin'..."

"I ain't gonna ask again," Deuce interrupted, fist thudding into his palm once more. "APOLOGIZE!"

The tall bully spat hard to the side, wiping his cheek on his fist with a wince and growling.
"Y-Yeah, right... Like there's any chance I'm gonna do that NOW!"

He cracked his knuckles, swaggering forward with an angry grimace.
"Hope you're ready to get beaten to a pulp, ya little freak!"
With that, he ran forward, going to punch again.

Deuce sidestepped, getting in his own hits-- one fist right in the stomach, then one in the solar plexus, in quick succession.
The bully staggered back with another groan. He tried to stay upright, but eventually failed, collapsing next to the statue of the Sea Witch in an untidy heap.

"Oh my god," Kat muttered to herself, hand to her mouth again and staring.
Holy shit, Deuce got hands...!

Deuce turned, panting slightly.

"Hiee--!!"
The redhead squeaked in terror, skittering back.
His eyes darted around nervously, then he gritted his teeth, running at Kat.

"Wh-- HEY!" She yelped, ducking and running off to the side.

Unfortunately, the red-haired bully managed to grab her hard by the wrist, yanking her in. She cried out in shock, dropping the grocery bags as she staggered.

"S-Stay back!" He squeaked, holding his pen in a trembling hand and pointing it at Deuce. "Another move and this Prefect--"

His words trailed off into a loud groan as Kat stomped hard on his foot, then punched him in the stomach with her other hand. Letting go of her wrist, he doubled over, wrapping his arms around his abdomen.
She took the opportunity to grab the sides of his face and bounce his forehead against her knee.
It hurt more than she thought it would, but it worked. The momentum of the bounce sent him keeling over backwards in a groaning, wheezing heap on the ground.

"Get. FUCKED," she snapped. Wincing slightly at the pain in her knee, she drew back, shaking with rage and adrenaline.

"Wh--What the..."
The bleached-hair bully coughed, using the statue of the Sea Witch to pull himself up.
"What the hell's--"
He coughed again.
"WITH this guy?! I-Is he outta his mind?!"