Walking on ice

Chapter one

Hi, I'm Moonlight, you can call me Moon. I'm 17 years old and i love to skate, in fact i am a figure skater.
And lets get on with the story.

One morning i was reading my favourite book, Kaspar The Prince Of Cats, when i was at the best part of the book so far and then my mother called me down for breakfast.

"But Mum, i was at the best part so far." I told her.
"And i cant let you die from hunger"
She said, and of course she was right, but i was not hungry.

"Plus you have a figure skating show in three hours" she said with an i told you so smile. But then i realized that i did not know about any show.

"What show?!" I asked her angrily, she said nothing for a few seconds and replied "You don't know? But everyone was told about it yesterday. Are you sure you were not told anything?"
"Mum, we did not have any training yesterday. We had a summer break remember." i said,
while looking at the breakfast.

"So, you are going back to school in two weeks, are you excited?" My mother said after eating her egg. "Not really, i don't know why." I said giggling.

"You know, when you have your next show, on the day school starts, you will not be skipping school to go practice." My mother said to remind me.
"But mum, i need to practice, it's the last time i will be able to practice for the show!"
"And? You still have six training sessions before the show." My mother asked knowing my answer.

"You are right." I admitted.
"Now, finish your eggs and then you can finish your reading." My mum said.

I finished my breakfast after five minutes and went to my room, then i realised that my book had somehow fallen off my bed.
But, there was a note in the page i was on before breakfast.

Hi, i know you were not expecting this, but your show has been cancelled, too many people can't make it. I am really sorry, but we had to cancel it.

With all due respect
Ice rink star: coaches

"No, no it can't be!" I said so loud  that my mother came running in and said "What happend, are you ok?!"
"The show, i-it was cancelled." I said while a tear fell down my face.
"I'm so sorry. But where did that note come from?" My mum asked me, when i said to myself "Why was it there?"
I waited for a few seconds and said "I don't know."
"Well then, we need to figure out-" my mother said, but she was interrupted by the sound of my window as it opened because of the wind.
"I'm sure i closed my window."
I said looking at the window.

I walked to the window and closed it.

It is Emilia here, i just want to say that if someone climbed through the window, then remember that Moon's room is on the second floor.

"We can look to see if the ladder is in the same place." My mother said not remembering that the ladder was in the garage.
"The ladder is in the garage. And the garage is locked." I reminded her.

Then I went back to the window and saw a rope on the ground outside.
"I do see a rope" I said. "Oh really? Are you sure it is not your jump rope?"
"My jump rope is orange, not white."

"Lets not think about this, how about we watch a movie?" My mum asked me. And of course i said "Yes!"