Start

A male teenager, with black hair and eyes with earbuds in his ears, looks from right to left before starting to cross the road. He bobs his head up and down, never noticing that a truck appears with startling speed on the opposite road.

The truck honks again and again but the teenager never hears it as he continues walking. The truck turns on its light, prompting the teenager to look to his left, only to see the truck dangerously close to him.

The teenager freezes in place while a smile slowly begins to form as he gazes at the truck on a collision course with him becoming roadkill. So focused on the truck, he doesn't notice a hand begin to materialize right next to his leg.

As the truck is about to hit him, the hand touches his leg, and he disappears just as the truck passes where he once stood.

"So, Red, how is our new recruit doing?" An old man with a shiny head and long white beard asks as he looks around the living room.

"She has done all of the tasks assigned to her, Master," A female with long red hair stoically says before sighing as she notices the surroundings getting brighter, "You got another prisoner waiting for you." She points to the glowing white circle.

"Huh, that was fast. Well, I'm bored so I'll take this one." Just as the old man finishes, a male teenager appears on top of the now dim circle.

The teenager looks around with a confused expression before hearing a cough. He turns to look at the source of the cough.

"Welcome, O Lost Soul! Thou hast been chosen to be reincarnated into another world! Rejoice!" The old man dramatically extends his hands with a proud look.

The teenager raises his eyebrow, "Old English? Really?"

The red haired snorts before covering her mouth as she tries to stop her laughter in vain while the old man simply sighs as his eyebrow twitches, "Damn brat. Can't even appreciate old comedy."

"I didn't realize that dear old God cared for old."

"Oi. I do in fact care for the old and the young."

"Right right, probably as entertainment." The red haired snickers at this.

"You know what, I had planned to send you to a relatively safe world, but you changed my mind." He snaps his fingers, and a portal materializes in front of the teenager, "Have fun with the Honkai, brat."

The teenager widens his eyes, "Wait! At least take my memories! I don't want to remember my life!"

"Too bad. Oh wait, I forgot to choose your soulmates." The old man snaps his fingers again and a box materializes in front of him, "Now... Nineteen soulmates? Not a bad number." He shows the teenager a stick with the number 19 engraved in black color.

"Now, off you go!" He smirks before making a shooing motion at the teenager.

"Please! I don't want to remembeeeerrrrr!" The teenager feels himself get flown into the portal. With its job done, the portal disappears.