Chapter 3

August sighs in relief as he looks away, "Oh nice, a timeline I know," He mutters, low enough to not be heard by the nurse. He turns back to ask some more questions.

"How long until I can be discharged?"

"Ummmm... The doctor should be here to diagnose you but..."

"He's not here."

Both of them glance at the door then sigh in unison, "Umm, you said that you didn't want to see your father, so, erm, do you have a guardian that can take care of you?" The nurse awkwardly asks.

August opens his mouth but slowly closes it, "I... Used to. My last aunt recently passed away, leaving me with no other relatives other than my family," He quietly mutters, barely hearable.

She slowly nods, "I'm sorry. Um, I can help search for any relatives of you?"

"...Why are you helping me so much? Usually people would brush me off and tell me to love my family, no matter what they put me through."

"...I... Can relate to you I guess... Don't tell anybody but my parents always wanted a son instead of a daughter... So, they..."

"I get it. I get it. No need to say anymore." The nurse gratefully nods at him with a small smile.

Silence descends upon them as neither are in the mood to talk. The nurse sits down on a nearby chair as she waits for the doctor to come while August looks at the ceiling with a bored expression.

Time went on, until he couldn't take it anymore, "Hey, what's your name?" Though, seeing the raised eyebrow from her makes him change his question, "Sorry, I meant can you please tell me your name."

She shakes her head a bit, "It wasn't about your rudeness but that you asked me for my name... It's Amelia."

"Amelia... Nice name."

The door swings open with a bang, prompting both of them to look and see a person in a lab coat trying to catch his breath in the doorway.

"Sorry I'm late. The previous surgery took longer than expected." The doctor coughs as he stands straight, "Now, please assist me nurse."

August sighs as he emotionlessly says, "I have to stay bed ridden for eight months. Fuck." He looks at the ceiling and sighs again, "At least it's better than staying here for a year... Damn doctors trying to extend my stay here and pay more."

He looks around the room, "...Hopefully my sister is paying the hospital bills with my inheritance... Oh who am I kidding? Those fucks would use that money for their vanity. Welp, hopefully I can become an important character here and get Schicksal to pay my debt."

He grumbles to himself as he closes his eyes and soon enough, he falls asleep. Though, if he was awake, he would have noticed a light blue butterfly somehow got into his room.

The butterfly flaps its wings then flies over to his head. It slowly lands on his forehead, stays that way for a while, then flaps away.