Chapter 1: Profecy

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

A/N: Author note

Another certain amount of months passes. And with the running of time, another year would be given welcome later on the first of January, only a few hours from this point in time. For such an occasion, the entirety of the Raienryu family goes out to celebrate and give themselves a joyous time. That, and how to forget the birthday of their firstborn, already five years of age. Double celebration.

The town in the outskirts of Toshima was truly something else. Being little more than a remote place dozens of miles away from the nearest metropolis, and with barely any tertiary activities, its citizens took their time to organize their own little New Year festival to indulge in.

Some food and traditional fair game stands in front of the premises that owned them, toys and souvenirs for the small ones, and the typical firework launching at midnight was what it offered. Nothing too spectacular, but cozy and cheery.

Hideyoshi and his parents were all showing off kimonos proper for such an occasion, while the tiny Kazumi was wrapped up in a soft and warm blanket, which covered her from head to toe, only giving space for her dainty face to pop out. On her father's back was a long and thin object, which was also wrapped in cloth and tied around his chest.

Amarashi had gotten accustomed to the constantly tumultuous life of a Kisatsutai, he even enjoyed it on occasions, but moments of peace and relaxation such as these he would never change for the world, especially if his loved ones were involved. Natsuhime relished them as much as he did, maybe even more. She is also one to enjoy the little things.

The protagonist of this whole situation did not fall behind, however. Hideyoshi doesn't delay in living the moment to the fullest, playing and eating until satisfaction. The required money was not an issue either way. The warm lights and the mild hubbub of the streets did nothing but sharpen his senses and increment his enthusiasm.

His parents followed behind at their own pace while enjoying the festival and taking turns in carrying the baby.

..........

A few hours later, after having enjoyed themselves long enough and witnessed the fires, they commence to quietly make their way back home. Hideyoshi tiredly hanged from his father's hand whilst he walked, bobbing his head while trying to keep himself awake. Meanwhile, Kazumi peacefully slept on her mother's arms.

The only sounds that could be heard where those of the crickets and cicadas, which made a soft and placid melody. Over their heads shone an almost full, waning moon, and created a most pleasant night.

However, Amarashi stops immediately on his tracks.

He felt a disturbing, yet familiar feeling invading his mind. One that warned him about things in his surroundings before they were even exposed to his highly keen senses.

Natsuhime: "What is it, dear?" she asks, noticing her husband's sudden action.

Amarashi: "Take Hide and stay close." He says with no apparent expression.

Immediately understanding his message, she does exactly that. Nervousness begins to cloud her mind little by little.

Amarashi: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 6. Oi, you six! I know you're hiding over there! I don't got time to play, so get out and let's get this over with!"