𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗 | 𝟹 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

╔

╔. ■ .═══════╗

3 November 2005

THURSDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

[y/n]'s pov

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 close off the ever-fading light.

It's size was now just larger than a piece of A4 paper, waning into itself all the time.

Narrower, and then ever narrower. There was barely any room to fit an arm through.

I'm now thinking of the torturous light – what would happen once it dims into nothing?

A face then suddenly appears. It's Takemichi.

He's with me; but on the other side with the light. He wants to get through, perhaps pull me out.

The hole was too small. No matter how much he punches, claws, rips his fingers into the gap – it's no use.

It's smaller now; a width of a thumb.

The rock rumbles, grinding itself further together.

In a final attempt, Takemichi presses his lips into the hole to scream with raw anguish, "I'm going to save you, [y/n]! "

It's the first time he's ever uttered my first name. His pained cry sprung tears into my eyes and stabbed pain into my heart.

The rock halts it's caving; hole the size of a grain of sand.

There was solace in the darkened silence, the remaining sliver of golden light casting a shadow behind me.

It was then I thought about reaching my hand up.

I press my index finger to the hole.

The rock crumbled at my touch. I then push my palm through; and then my other arm.

Light washed over my form; blinding me onto my knees.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━

╔. ■ .═══════╗

1994

SUMMER

╚═══════. ■ .╝

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒 the street was all he ever was in the beginning.

A few fated moments we made passing contact; being a small wave on my part and a blank stare on his.