ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ // love.

╔════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╗
chapter one.
╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝

          FALLING IN LOVE WAS A really big deal to stevie

all she wanted was true love, she read about it, dreamt about it, watched movies about it.

but was she afraid of love?

yes, yes she was. yes, she did love, love. but she was so afraid to experience it.

thinking about love, and all it's kinds made her so happy. she never thought about herself experiencing it.

but she knew how terrified she would be if she went through the steps of falling in love.

5:00a.m. stevie stayed up the whole night, fixated on her favourite book.

she knew she had school that day, she didn't even realize the time until her dads alarm clock went off.

"jeez, what time is it?" jess asks, groaning tiredly as he sits up.

"go to bed, you two. it's five in the morning." luke ignores jess, stating his own words.

"it's five in the morning?!" stevie finally checks her wrist watch, realizing the time.

it's not that she was worried about being late to school, it was still pretty early for school.

she didn't get any sleep for school.

"no, no, no, no!" she yells throwing her book on the ground getting up from her small bed.

both luke and jess were used to this, stevie too focused on a book, not realizing time, panics about it.

it happened so often they'd call it a daily routine.

she ran up to luke's coffee machine, making her self a warm cup of coffee to keep herself up.

finally, pouring the hot coffee into her mug, she chugs it as if it's a cup of water.

she puts her mug down, sitting on a chair. her tongue burns.

it was now already six, was she really doing all this panic for an hour?

she ran to the bathroom, splashing the icy water on her face.

"calm down, the waters not going anywhere." jess mocks the girl, rubbing his eyes as he pushes her out of the bathroom and closes the door.

luckily, stevie got to school on time. she felt rushed for some reason tho.

"where is rory when i need her." she says running to her class.

bumping into a boy, dropping everything she was holding.

"excuse you!" she gets down on her knees, picking her stuff up.

"sorry," he kneels down, helping her pick up her stuff.

she pulls her books from him aggressively, "thanks!" she slightly yells.

she isn't known for being so rude, but days when she doesn't get enough sleep, or any sleep at all, she can get pretty grumpy.

she ignored the fact that he as well dropped his stuff, not even helping, she brushed passed him fast walking to her class.

he was with her in the same class.

she buries her face in her palms, embarrassed. realizing how rude she was earlier.

did she apologize? no. did she want to? no. because she was embarrassed.

after school was over. she went back to the diner, to help her dad with his work.

and great, there he was, the same boy in the diner.

"are you following me or something?" she asks walking up to the poor boy with a bit of attitude.

"n-no, i'm not." dave stands up, not even realizing she worked at the diner.

"why are you here then?" she crosses her arms.

god why she being so rude all of a sudden? she's never that rude.

stevie has certain levels of anger, her highest could probably be slamming her bedroom door.

sure, this kind of anger won't reach 'slamming my bedroom door' kind of anger, but she was mad at that innocent boy and she didn't even know why.

"i'm here for a cup of coffee?" he says, wishing he could give her back the same attitude.

dave himself isn't even a rude person, even during bad days he's kind to everyone.

probably because everyone was kind to him, well except for a random girl he bumped into.

"fine!" she walks away.

what the fuck is going on with stevie right now.

"what's with the attitude?" jess walks downstairs into the diner.

"what attitude?" she smiles at him softly, forgetting the fact that she yelled at a boy for wanting coffee.

"you yelled at someone for wanting coffee," he explains. "fine!" mocking the girls voice with an expression.

"i do not sound like that." she defends herself.

"sound like what?" lorelai joins in the conversation, sitting on one of the stools in front of the counter.

"jess thinks i'm being rude to that boy over there." stevie explains pointing at dave, still waiting for his coffee.

"why does he think you're being rude." the curious brunette leans on the counter as stevie pours the coffee in her mug.

"i yelled at him for asking for coffee... i didn't mean to!" she tells,

"did you give him coffee yet?" lorelai asks, sipping her coffee staring at the boy awkwardly sitting waiting for his coffee.

"no." stevie stated. "i'll go pour it now." stevie finally gave in. holding the coffee pot in her hand walking to the boy.

dave was about to get up from his table, before seeing stevie approach him with the coffee pot.

"thanks." he began, "yeah." she ended.

again. why is she so rude to a stranger who she barely knows, she's never felt like this before.

C speaks!

POOR DAVE LMAO

is it a coincidence that she was reading a book about love (at first sight), whilst bumping into dave????

it'll take these two quite a while to get along