ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ // moon.

╔════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╗
chapter three.
╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝

ONE THING STEVIE WAS truly in love with, was the moon

truly in love with, was the moon.

tonight was a blood moon. a lunar eclipse.

her favorite thing to do during a blood moon, was walking around stars hallow, listenting to music while reading a book.

she had this whole day planned. she couldn't wait for the clock to hit eight o'clock so she could see that moon.

it was 7:59p.m. she had one of her favorite books in her hand, her headphones hung around her neck.

standing in front of the door like some idiot.

it was finally eight, she ran out of the diner, now standing outside the diner.

she just stood there, staring at the moon.

of course it wasn't fully red yet, but she wanted to watch it shift colors.

twenty minutes after standing there, it was now fully red.

stevie was so happy. she started jumping, too distracted to listen to the music or read her book.

she just wanted to watch her moon.

she had already started walking, not looking in front of her instead her eyes glued to the moon above her.

of course, of course, the moment had to be ruined somehow.

bumping into two people at once, interrupting her.

"...one-for-all band—" the sound of a boy, speaking before she bumped him.

"ow!" stevie rubs her forehead, looking up to see lane and dave.

he saw her book, on the ground.

quickly, he bends down to grab it. she bends down to grab it.

they hit their heads together. "sorry, here's your book." he holds it up for her. both of them still on their knees.

she takes it from him, this time she doesn't thank him aggressively. she doesn't thank him at all.

it annoyed her, why was her being so kind after she was treating him so bad?

she just stood up and walked away.

that's it? seriously? dave thought to himself. slowly standing up watching as she walked away.

"why does she hate me so much?" he asks looking at lane.

"you guys know eachother?" lane asks furrowing her eyebrows, confused.

"yeah, two days ago, i dropped her books and she's hated me ever since." he explains to the girl in front of him.

"you dropped her books." she exclaims.

it's not like that was a big deal, but it was to stevie. her books are the most important thing in her whole life.

other than her family of course. if anyone does any harm to these books she'll flip.

stevie didn't know that tho. she loved her books but she didn't know she loved them that much.

not after meeting dave.

"how do i make her forgive me?" he asks.

a grin grew on lanes face, "why do you want her to forgive you?" she teases.

"it's not the best thing to be disliked by someone, lane." was that really the reason tho?

"buy her a book, or let her drop something that means a lot to you." lane gives him options.

if he did that, would stevie forgive him? maybe, maybe not.

of course he wasn't going to let her drop his guitar, but why would he buy her a book out of nowhere.

if he buys her a book, and tells her to forgive him, it'll seem weird, look weird.

and if his guitar ever gets dropped, it'll break, unlike a book.

"never mind, forget about it. come on let's go back inside." he motions lane back into the music store.

C speaks!

this is slowly turning into a "he fell first but she fell harder trope"

or a sun and moon trope. (stevie's the moon ofc)

he's so in love but oblivious lmao 😭

also sorry for the short chapter again but i promise you'll read way more stevie and dave in the next chapter.