ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ // coffee boy.

╔════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╗
chapter two.
╚════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝

          WALKING AROUND TOWN with lorelai, rory, and lane after a town meeting

"excuse me, lane?" a familiar voice brushes past stevie's ear.

"that's me." lane turns around facing the brown eyed boy in front of her.

"hey, stevie isn't that the coffee boy?" lorelai whispers staring at lane and dave as they speak.

lane's current biggest dream was to be in a band. apparently the band she was supposed to get in was also dave's.

"that's him." stevie whispers back.

dave noticed stevie, but of course he wasn't gonna do anything about it now, he's stuck.

"who is coffee boy?" rory jumps in.

"he's a boy stevie met yesterday, she says he was being annoying." lorelai smiles softly as she explains to her daughter.

dean walks up to rory, kissing her cheek, interrupting the three's talk.

"hey." dean hugs rory planting a small pec on her lips.

"hey." rory replies.

          "we're gonna go to luke's diner, we'll you there, 'kay?" lorelai spoke as she walked with stevie.

both lorelai and stevie head to the diner, while rory went with dean, and lane went with dave.

back at the diner, lorelai and stevie were welcomed by, jess making out with his girlfriend, shane.

"god! get a room." stevie teases her cousin. walking behind the counter to pour lorelai some coffee.

the sound of the diner's bells chimes in stevie's ear. him again.

he was with two boys this time, a blonde, and a brunette.

"hey stevie," lorelai taps the shoulder of stunned girl.

"it's coffee boy, again." she chuckles as she stares at the boy, sitting on a table with his band mates.

"i know." stevie smiles to herself. why does he keep showing up? he knows i work here now. the girl thought to herself

"coffee boy, who is coffee boy?" luke asks, almost smiling at the sight of lorelai in front of him (he's so inlove.)

"stevie's boyfriend." lorelai teases.

"boyfriend?!" stevie yells, causing the whole place to stare at her. "sorry." she mouths to the people, still looking at her.

"when'd you get a boyriend?" luke whisper yells, causing lorelai to start laughing.

          "there's no boyfriend, lorelai's joking." stevie replies to luke.

          "oh god. just, go take these people's orders, will you?" luke groans, walking back inside the kitchen.

          lorelai purposely pushes stevie softly over to dave's table.

          "lorelai— what will you guys have?" the girl now standing in front of the three boys, with a notepad in her hands.

          no one says anything. rude. stevie thought to herself ignoring the way she spoke to dave the other day.

          "coffee." finally the blonde speaks, "it's seven at night—" stevie tries to interject before he spoke again, "coffee, please."

          walking back to the counter to take the coffee pot, "ooh, i think coffee boy told them about you." lorelai teases the girl in front of her.

          she pours for each boy a cup of coffee, a frown forming on her face.

          "why do you hate me so much?" dave stands up from his table, holding her arm standing the both of them a bit far from his original table.

          "i don't hate you, how could i hate you? i don't even know you." she folds her arms looking up at him.

          "well, you don't want me in luke's diner." he slightly whispers.

          "i don't?", "you don't.", "okay, i guess i don't." she almost walked away before he grabbed her arm once again.

          "why not?" he folds his arms after making her stand in front of him again.

          "because... i don't know, you're rude." no he's not, i am. she thought to herself regretting the words that came out her mouth.

          "me? you were so mad yesterday because i dropped your books,"

          that wasn't why she was mad.

          "which, by the way you dropped mine too."

          that wasn't why he was mad.

          "my books mean everything to me, so if anyone touches or hurts my books, i instantly dislike them, so i'm sorry but you dropped my books!"

          she whispered the last part aggressively in his face walking back to the counter.

          he just stood there; stunned, confused, a bit mad. why do i care? i barely know the girl.

C speaks!

hmm why do you care dave? because you think she's pretty? because you... like her?

also i forgot to mention lane and dave have nothing going on so no love triangle trope in this book

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER

stevie really cares about her books huh