𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

┍━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┑

Well, I bet I can beat your
little student there.

┕━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┙

Clarisa was seated beside Miguel, Eli and Demetri, eating lunch. Clarisa had become mutual friends with the three boys and for that, she was glad. Clarisa had friends, such as Sam and Moon, but they all ditched her after the rumours began to spread.

The Counselor working at the school was talking about Cyberbullying and hurtful messages. Of course, Sam and her friends paid no attention to this and texted each other on their phones. Sam's gaze got off of her phone and she looks around at everyone meeting Clarisa's eyes.

Clarisa just scoffs at Sam and turns her attention back to Blatt.

 "I'm not gonna name names, but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity." Blatt continues. 

Way to go, Blatt.

Everyone's attention turns to Eli and whispers begin spreading across the room. Eli instinctively puts his hand to cover up his scar and Clarisa frowns at the boy. Clarisa looks back and sees Yasmine laughing, her gaze right at Eli. Clarisa gives her a glare and then flips her off before turning back to her table.

"You know, if you're sick of getting bullied, my karate dojo is looking for new recruits." Miguel says and Clarisa's ears perk up. 

Karate? Clarisa liked the sound of that. When Clarisa and Sam were young, Daniel used to teach them both karate and boy did they love it. But Sam grew up and fell out of karate so Daniel stopped teaching as well. Clarisa had always missed the sport, but never made an effort to join back.

"As enticing as that sounds, I think we'd rather spend our afternoons playing Crucible Control than getting hit in the face." Demetri says, sarcastically, Eli nodding after him.

Clarisa ponders the idea for a moment before speaking up. "I wanna try it out."

"Really?" Miguel says, surprised. 

"Yup." Clarisa answers. Demetri and Eli loo at her for a moment. "What, you don't think a girl can do karate?"

"No, it's not that....." Demetri says and Eli shakes his head. "You just never seemed like the hitting type."

"Yeah, well, maybe I am." Clarisa snaps. Both boys shut their mouth before Clarisa frowns.

"Hey, I'm sorry for that. Sometimes my emotions get the better of me." Clarisa apologizes and Demetri nods in understanding.