(18)

( Land of the Lost - Part 1 of 5 )

'Here, put these on. You need to wear these for under an hour; lest the transfer becomes permanent.' Martin said.

'You mean we could be stuck in Rip's mind forever?'

'Precisely. But if you push the red button you will give yourself an electric shock that will bring you out.'

'Less talking, more doing.'

'Mick's right. Crank it.'

'Uh, good luck.'

The lights in the medical bay flickered on and off for a second and then within a blink the small team was gone.

++

Thea sat up next to Sara. They appeared to be in the ship's brig; however it was a lot darker and vaguely green.

'Hello?' Sara asked, walking forward to where the muffled crying was coming from. 'Rip?'

'Please!' He cried. 'Get away from me!'

'Just relax, okay.' Sara said. 'We're going to get you outta here.'

'No, you're not. You put me in here.' Rip replied.

Together Sara and Thea crouched down. Thea put her hands in front of her, extending their reach towards Rip.

'It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you.' Sara said. 'I know you're afraid, because you think that I am one of your captors, but that's a lie. Everything that you see on this ship - it's only in your mind.

'I don't understand.'

'Oh, Rip.' Sara sighed, taking a step towards him. In response Rip stood up and blasted Sara towards the edge of the brig with what appeared to be a large shockwave of energy. Startled Thea looked over at Rip, who was staring at his hands in confusion.

'How on earth did you do that?' Thea questioned.

'I have no idea.'

[ Author's Note ]

[ Author's Note ]

They're back together!!!!! Let's go!!

Word Count: 272 words

Written: 20th August 2022 | Published: 20th August 2022