(33)

( Fellowship of the Spear - Part 4 of 8 )

'All right, we've got to be careful.' Nate said as he stood up. 'The battle of the Somme was one of the bloodiest conflicts in human history.'

'It's not going to be easy finding Tolkien in his mess.' Sara admitted.

According to military records, Second Lieutenant Tolkien contracted trench fever and was transferred to a first aid outpost to await transportation back to Britain.

'Perfect, thanks Gideon. Amaya, take the Backstreet Boys and intercept Tolkien. Find out what he knows and then send him on his way.' Sara ordered, nodding towards Mick, Nate, Ray and Rip.

'So what do you want the rest of us to do?' Thea asked, gesturing at Jax and Martin.

'Guard the Spear. Somebody has to be with it at all times.' Sara replied.

++

'We're going to church!' Sara exclaimed. Even with the fear of the legion - and the sudden appearance of Leonard Snart/Mick's potential defection from the team - Sara knew that they had to press on.

'Tolkien has located Gwaine's burial place.' Rip explained. 'It's in a cathedral, in amine.'

'If it's still there, the war will have long past through.' Nate added, walking off with Rip to go and get Thea from where they had been waiting.

++

'So, Snart's alive.' Sara said.

'And he's working with the legion.' Ray added.

'Well, it's not just with the legion, is it Mick?' Jax accused.

'You got something to say to me?' Mick questioned.

'You told him about our plan to destroy the spear.' Jax replied.

'Well, I thought I was seeing things.'

'Whether Mr. Snart was a hallucination or not - the fact you told him our plan speaks volumes.' Martin said.

'Volumes of what, Professor?'

'I think wha Martin's trying to say is that he's worried that if it came down to a decision between Leonard and us-'

'You'd choose Snart in a heartbeat!' Jax exclaimed.

'Yeah, I would, he's a friend. You guys aren't exactly being friendly right now.' Mick replied.

'Can you blame us?' Jax asked.

'We're just concerned that your blunder with Mr. Snart confirms that you haven't truly given up your roots as a thug.' Martin said.

'Oh.' Mick murmured. 'Is that what you think, Captain?'

Sara shook her head. 'Mick, we just need you to be careful.'

'Why?' Sara then raised her eyebrows at him. 'Oh, I see. In your eyes I'm always going to be a criminal.' He then walked away from the small group.

[ Author's Note ]

[ Author's Note ]

I apologise for how disjointed this chapter feels, this episode is really hard to write as there aren't many scenes that I could insert Thea into, and none that I could come up with.

Word Count: 429 words

Written: 16th September 2022 | Published: 16th of September 2022