~11~

It’s the last class of the day, and obviously, I am feeling quite gloomy. This has been happening lately, mostly because I hate it when I have to wait another couple of hours before I can see him again. I know this little obsession is becoming annoying. For some reason, I keep finding myself seated right in front of him, who shall not be mentioned. As much as I have developed a liking for this position figuratively and literally, it also makes me insanely uncomfortable because knowing he is right there, probably seeing through my skin, significantly increases my anxiety levels. To confirm my argument and worry, I realize I am shaking my right foot quite uncontrollably. And then I realize he can see it too! And just like that, I am having a panic attack, which is made worse by the fact that although it’s mental, my mind does a good job convincing me otherwise. I thank the Almighty when the vibration in my pocket distracts me. Checking to ensure the lecturer cannot see me, I pull my phone out and swipe it open. I see his name and subconsciously look up to see whether anyone else can see. The lecturer is not looking either, and so I re-focus, this time anxious to know what he could be saying.
Kai:  Are you okay?
I close my eyes for a second and feel the smile forming on my face. For a moment, I cannot bring myself to type a response, knowing he will also see me do that. I am at a disadvantage here, his concern notwithstanding. I take one deep breath and look at the Lec who obviously also doesn’t know someone like me exists in his class, and then down at my phone and type away.
Me: Yeah, why? Another ping comes almost immediately.
Kai:  Are you sure? He asks, making me roll my eyes just in time for the Lec to finally familiarize himself with this student.
“Are you with us, Miss Faye?” he asks, a very disturbing glare focused on me. Consequently, the entire class turns to look at me. Fuck! I curse internally.