Chapter 3

I woke up at seven o'clock to my mom yelling for me downstairs. I walked down there in my booty shorts and a cut off only to find Seth, Roman and Dean standing in the living room. "Hey guys." I said.

"Hey. We were just wondering what the plan is for today." Seth said.

"Well I have to meet up with my group in a little bit because we're performing at our graduation party so we need to practice. Do you guys wanna come?" I asked.

"Sure. If you don't mind." Roman said.

"You must be the real polite one." I said.

"Yeah." he said.

"Well I don't mind." I told him.

"Awesome." Dean said.

"Just let me go get dressed." I walked back to my room and put on my black capri yoga pants, my black sports bra, a grey tank top and my white Nike shoes. These shoes were only for dancing.

Once I was done I grabbed my duffel bag and walked out of the house with the guys following.

The girls were already at the studio when we got there and they were setting up. "So is it cool if you guys give us feedback?" I asked.

"Nah. It's cool." Roman said.

"Awesome." I said as I walked over to the girls. "Okay, so we're doing the dance to Feeling Myself."

"Ooo, I like that one. It's kind of sexy." Shade said.

"Seth, Dean and Roman are gonna give us feedback." I turned to the guys. "Do you want to see it in the costumes or just what we have on?"

"Costumes." Dean said.

"Yeah. Just so we can get a chance to see if in it's full performance." Seth said.

"Okay but you guys asked for it. The costumes are really sexy." I said.

Us girls went into the bathroom and changed. We each had on black bra and black spandex and over that we had a white, men's, button up shirt on. I left mine unbuttoned but they buttoned theirs. We also had on black boots that came up to our mid shin.

When we walked out and stood in front of the guys their jaws dropped.

I started the music and we started dancing. It was really sexy. Something that you would do for a boyfriend or husband.

Once we were done we looked at the guys. Dean was sitting with one leg over the other, very obvious why. Roman was sitting with wide eyes and Seth's mouth was still dropped.

"What do you guys think?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah, that uh, um, that was um, good." Seth was stuttered out. He was just so cute.

"So you liked it?"

"That's a bit of an understatement." Roman said.

I chuckled.

***

The graduation ceremony ended and at our party we did the dance so now we were just hanging out and having a good time.

"So, Roman, do you have a girlfriend?" Shade asked.

"No. Not at the moment but I'm not looking." he said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"My last relationship. It was pretty bad and I just have a hard time opening myself up anymore."

"I'm sorry." I said.

"It's okay." he said.

Seth tapped my shoulder and then signaled for me to follow him which I did. We walked down to the lake that was near the park we were at.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I wanna talk to you." he said smiling.

Could this be it? Was he gonna tell me that he felt the same way I did?

"Okay." I said.

"So yesterday, your dad said that he found something but you cut him off. What was he gonna say?" he asked.

I hesitated. I didn't want to tell him that. "I can't tell you. It's so embarrassing." I said.

"It's okay. You can tell me. I'm not gonna get mad or jealous or make fun of you. You can tell me anything." he said.

I hesitated for a little longer and then got the courage. "What he found was a notebook in my room. Every page was filled with ways to tell you that I liked you. I still do. Every time we touch, I get butterflies and I get nervous around you. I know you probably don't feel the same way and that's okay."

He got up and walked away leaving me there feeling horrible. I should have just came up with a lie to tell him but at the same time I didn't wanna lie to him. He's my best friend. Well probably not now. I just made things weird for us. I wouldn't even be surprised if he didn't wanna talk to me anymore.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I wiped it away.

"Are you okay?" asked a voice from behind me.

"I'm fine." I lied.

Roman sat down beside me and put a hand on my shoulder. "It doesn't seem like it." he said. "Wanna talk about it?"

"Basically I just poured my heart out to Seth and he doesn't feel the same way." I paused. "I've liked him ever since we became friends. That was four years ago."

"You've held this in for four years?" he asked.

"Yeah. But it's been building and growing. I honestly think I'm in love with him." I said wiping away another tear.

"Oh. Well I would like to tell you that he does but I honestly don't know. He hasn't said anything."

"It's okay. I knew that there was two this could go. I still chose to tell him." I said.

We talked for a little bit longer and then went back to the party. Seth avoided me throughout the rest of the night and it just made me feel worse. I mean, just because I told him how I feel about him didn't mean that he had to be a dick.

Once the party was over I went back to my house, sat in my room and just sulked. I was a sulker and I'm not afraid to admit it. I mean, you would be too if you liked a guy that didn't like you back. Right?