Chapter 6

I woke up in the morning to someone knocking on my door. I walked over to the door and opened it. Nick was standing there with a bag in his hand.

"Good morning beautiful." he said.

"Good morning. What can I do for you?" I asked.

"I brought you a bagel and a coffee."

"Aw. You're sweet. Come in." I opened the door more for him to come in.

"Um, do you always answer the door like that?" he asked.

I looked down. I was wearing a shirt and black laced underwear. "Oh. I'll be right back. One second." I walked into the bedroom and put on some black yoga pants and then walked back out. "That was embarrassing."

"Actually you looked pretty hot." he said.

I blushed. "Thanks."

"So what do you wanna do today?" he asked.

"Well I have to go train with Roman and then I'm free."

"Well, do you wanna go go-kart racing with me tonight?"

"Sure. That sounds like fun. But we should make this interesting."

"How?"

"Well, if I win then you can't pay for the next date. If you win, I'll dance for you."

"Dance?"

"Yeah. I told you I dance. I'm actually the choreographer." I said.

"Wow. I guess I'm gonna have to win."

We talked for a little bit and then I got ready to go train. I put on booty yoga shorts, a sports bra and my white Nike tennis shoes. I put my hair up in a messy ponytail, grabbed my phone, key card and my water bottle and went down to the lobby.

All of the guys were there. Great.

"Hey. You ready?" Roman asked.

"Yeah." I said.

We walked out the door and got in the car. Roman was driving and Dean wanted to sit in the front so I was stuck in the back with Seth. Yeah, this wasn't awkward at all.

"Hey." Seth said.

I looked at him. "Hi."

That was the end of that.

***

Roman and I had worked out for at least forty five minutes. When we were done we all sat in the ring. I had a little bit of a conversation with Seth but I just didn't keep it going. It was too hard.

"Hey pretty girl." Nick said walking up to the ring.

I got out and hugged him smiling. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I just wanted to see how my girl is doing on her workout." he said.

"Aw. You're so sweet." I told him.

He leaned down and kissed me once softly. Just as we were pulling away I saw Seth walk out of the gym.

***

SETH'S P.O.V.

I was sitting there with the guys and Katie just trying to catch our breath when I heard Nick. "Hey pretty girl." he said.

Katie got out of the ring and hugged him. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Well, I just wanted to see how my girl is doing on her workout." he said.

So she's his girl? When did that happen?

"Aw. You're so sweet." she told him.

He leaned down and kissed her once. That was it. I had enough. I couldn't keep looking at this and hearing it when my heart was shattering every second. I know I rejected Katie but it was only because I was afraid of getting my heart broken again.

I walked out of the gym and just sat on the bench outside. "Hey man. Are you okay?" Roman asked sitting down beside me.

"No dude. Why did she have to do this to me?" I asked.

"Seth, she didn't anything to you. You rejected her. What was she supposed to do? Wait around for you? She had to move on and live her life." he said.

"I'm just shattered man. She's the best girl I think I could have ever had and now I lost her."

"She's not lost. You just have to tell her that you love her and mean it. Trust me, even though she's with him, she's still in love with you."

***

KATIE'S P.O.V.

Nick and I had gone on our date. It was amazing. He actually beat me so I owed him a dance.

I was sitting in my hotel room with him and a text popped up on my phone. It was from Seth. We need to talk.

I kept staring at the screen. I wanted him. I wanted him more than anything but I just couldn't take the rejection.

"Everything okay?" Nick asked.

"Yeah. No." I said. "Listen, there's something I should tell you. I told you that Seth was my best friend. I'm actually in love with him."

"So we're just..."

"You're amazing and I've had fun with you but I don't think it's fair to go out with you knowing how I feel about him." I said.

"Well I'm a disappointed but I understand and I thank you for thinking of me." he said.

There was a knock on the door and Nick got it. Seth walked in.

"Can I talk to Katie for a second?" Seth asked.

"Sure." Nick said. "Listen, whatever you do, don't get rid of that girl. She's pretty amazing."

Seth nodded and then Nick left.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I've been doing a lot of thinking and..."

"You know what, I don't have time for another rejection speech. You've made your point. I'm just not good enough for you. So why don't I just spare myself the heartbreak and go home." I said.

"Katie...."

"Seth, there's nothing you can say that is gonna make this okay. I told you how I felt about you and you clearly don't feel the same way. At least I can say I tried. I didn't really I'd fail but I guess that's life." I said. A few tears escaped rolling down my face. I turned around and started to go to my room.

"I love you." he said.