Chapter 10 - Cala Lily

"But Sunfish, I missed you," comes the whiney voice of Floyd as he attempts, in vain, to keep Hina from standing up from her bed. All the hair play in the world, it seems, won't be enough to soothe him this time.

Hina sighs and nods. "I know, I know, I miss you too," she says, stroking his hair. Sending Jade a glance, she clarifies, "Both of you." Looking back down at Floyd, who's starfished face down on her bed, shoes and all, she continues, "But meetings with the headmaster are really important."

Jade gives a sigh from his spot seated in Hina's vanity chair, one arm draped over the back of it. "We certainly understand, Sunfish," he assures, "but it is still rather obnoxious for us to hardly get any time near one another."

Floyd nods, his head still stuffed up against Hina's waist. "Yeah," he muffles out, "Why do you never come to the lounge?"

"I'm busy, you two know that," Hina tries. She cringes at the sound of her own words. Shaking her head, she corrects herself. "Not like that. I mean I have hardly any time to keep up with what Housewarden puts us through." Her eyes wander to her vanity, where the three books by Flora Vanderbuilt still sit, unread and hardly even opened.

Jade follows her gaze and picks the top book off the pile. "The Colors of the Forest," he reads aloud, "by: Flora Vanderbuilt. My my, Sunfish, I never took you for the artistic type." He seems to realize his own implication and gives his own self correction of, "Canvas art, I mean. I am well aware of your love of dance."

That seems to just put Floyd in a worse mood as his arms grow tighter around Hina's middle. "Why doesn't Sunfish dance with me then?" he asks, peering up at her now through his right eye, the other half of his face still pressed comfortably into the violet silk of her uniform.

Hina sighs and gives a fond roll of her eyes, fixing them on the sky as if asking the gods, 'Can you believe this guy?' Smoothing her hand over his hair, she looks between Floyd and Jade. "How about a deal?" she suggests, "I have to go now, but the second I have enough free time, I'll spend it one on one with either of you."

Jade arches a brow. "As soon as you and each of us has free time, you mean," he says, closing The Colors of the Forest, which he's been idly flicking through.

A nod from Hina. "Yes," she assures.

"Will you dance with me?" Floyd asks, and he sounds almost like he did as a child asking her to play.

Hina giggles and nods. "Definitely," she says, "and Jade, I'll get a few more of those Flora Vanderbuilt books and we can have a read in, deal?"

Jade mulls over this in his mind a moment, then nods and says, "Floyd, let her go now. She has a very important place to be."

Floyd, as though begrudgingly commanded by his twin, does release Hina. Well, he lets his arms go limp, giving her enough room to wriggle out. Adjusting her hair a bit, she clicks her way to the door.

"Sunfish?" comes Jade's voice. With a hum, Hina peeks over her shoulder, hand on the doorknob. "How exactly will you decide which of us has your time first?"

Hina, deciding not to open that can of worms, declares with a sunny smile, "I'll let you two handle that," before sweeping out and down the hall, much to the audible descent of Floyd.

When she steps back into Headmaster Crowley's office, Hina's surprised a bit, as he's not alone.

At one of the chairs before his desk sits the, perhaps not tall, but rather proud Housewarden of Heartslabyul dorm. Shock of red hair, gown like coat, small gold crown, ruby colored heels, one of which is tapping a bit impatiently.

"Mr.Keahi," Crowley nods, "If you would, please do not take a seat."

Hina quirks a brow. "Alright," she says, resting her back against the doorframe, "What did you want to talk to me about?"