16.1 Sneak Peek Book Two!

Ravenswynd Dreams Synopsis:

Let me tell you a little-known secret. Being turned into a vampire doesn't necessarily guarantee freedom from fear or danger. All of that silly happy-ever-after gibberish about immortality isn't all it's cracked up to be either. And furthermore, living forever in a state of bliss and contentedness is actually a blatant lie. I wish someone had told me.

Elizabeth Amarande Rose Bertrand's first day as a vampire was definitely not what she'd expected, what with nearly losing her beloved twin sister. And after a short reprieve and a warm welcome to Ravenswynd, her new home in England, it gets even worse. Her immortal life takes on a whole new twist, and she finds herself living in a perpetual state of fear. Faced with unsettling rumors and revelations, her dreams become real-life nightmares. Suddenly finding herself up to her neck in a mind-bending abduction, Elizabeth believes that death itself would be better than being bound to someone she despises - bound by ancient law - for all eternity.
The old saying is only too true: There actually are fates worse than death - even when you're a vampire.

And once again...there will be blood. 

*******

Ravenswynd Dreams 

Excerpt from chapter 1

"Again?" I whispered, noticing his arousal.

"Why not?" he asked, a glimmer of hope filling his eyes.

Before I could respond, there was a knock at our door. I flung myself under the covers, and Emrys reluctantly went to the door to see who so rudely interrupted us. My eyes followed his every move as he walked away, wearing nothing but his medallion. His hair covered most of his back, but the muscles in his legs and his hindquarters were quite visible as he strolled to the door. What a magnificent view! Several more erotic impressions about his sexiness went through my mind, and knowing he could hear my thoughts made it all the funnier. I started to giggle as he arrived at the doorway; he turned his head, giving me a sideways glance and an amused grin.

"Yes?" he called out through the closed door.

I couldn't make out the voice or the words, but I knew something was wrong by the way Emrys turned in a flash, a pained look crossing his face.

"We will be right there!" I heard an alarming edge in his voice, one I had never heard before, and a sudden shudder of fear shot through me.

All my steamy musings disappeared in an instant as confusion gripped my mind. Emrys flew back toward the bed, opened a drawer and threw a pair of jeans and a t-shirt at me, and as he jumped into his own clothes, he ordered, "Get these on; we must go to our sister!"

As I scrambled into my clothes in a rush, I asked, "Is it Amrita? What happened? Is she ok?"

I could not, for the life of me, imagine what could have happened. After all, she couldn't get sick. Nothing short of a very sharp object to the neck area would stop her, and then only if her head were completely severed. The actual thought sent another shudder through my body. I ran my fingers through my jumbled hair and slipped into the pair of shoes that Emrys tossed at my feet.

"I am not sure what happened," he said. "But we must hurry, Elizabeth!" He didn't make eye contact as he held the door open for me. He took my hand and we rushed into the elevator. Pulling me into his embrace and stroking my hair with his other hand, he whispered, "She will be ok. We can fix this. You shall see."

I was even more confused and about to ask why he was so evasive. But before I could put my question into words he stopped me.

Putting a finger on my lips and looking earnestly into my eyes, he said, "I promise you – she will be alright."

My heart dropped in panic when it hit me; perhaps when he'd said, 'our sister' he actually meant Melinda! The elevator lurched to a stop and I swallowed hard, trying not to vomit. When the doors opened, I saw that we were now a few floors below our suite. Flames from the candles along the walls still danced, but eerily this time. The familiar hallways loomed before me, turning the panic to sheer terror. This floor was the one that housed all the doors with the padlocks on the outside.

Excerpt from Chapter 10

"Don't make a move or I'll slit your throat." The harsh, raspy demand snarled from the back seat. The abrasive hand over my mouth gripped painfully tighter; the icy metal on my neck pressed hazardously deeper. "This knife is very sharp," he added. The razor-edge bit into my skin as a warning and seconds later, a small, warm trickle of blood slithered all the way down between my breasts. I froze solid, unable to move, scream, or breathe; once again reminded of the glaring truth: becoming a vampire didn't mean there was nothing to fear any more. And sharp objects were the one thing we all dreaded, especially when wielded anywhere near our necks.

Check out the entire series on Amazon (paperbacks or Kindle) 

Barnes & Noble: (paperbacks or Nook)  

Smashwords (several e-books formats available)

Thanks so much!

Sharon ♥