Return

1 year later...

"Oh my thank god" Eloise Squealed whilst jumping out of her seat. The bridgeton family were sat in their living room discussing the upcoming season. Eloise was the enter the marriage market this year and to say it had been a difficult challenge would be a understatement. "Eloise" Violet scolded "what ever is the matter". Eloise was beaming and grin from cheek to cheek "it's Kate she's coming to visit London thank goodness finally I'll have someone to talk to". Kate and Eloise had been writing letters ever since Kate left they had formed a good friendship during the brief time she was in London and since her falling out with Penelope she hadn't had any liked-minded people to talk to (well other than Theo).

Kate. Kate was coming to London. His Kate was coming back. It had been a year since Kate had left(leaving Anthony in pieces). Whoever said that time heals wound is an idiot. She is all he has been able to think about for the past year every minute of everyday Kate occupied his mind. Everybody's eyes turned to look at him. "Give my that" he snatched the letter from Eloise hand. His eye scanned the paper. It didn't say much just that she was arriving in London in 2 days and that she would be visiting Mary for a few weeks and that she would love to see Eloise as she missed her dearly. Nothing about Anthony. Ouch. Eloise snatched the letter back from her brother and then turned to her mother. "Mother I think you should invite Kate and her mother to your ball on Friday, I think enough time has passed the awarkedness between our family's can stop, miss Edwina is now happily married and Anthony is back to being alone so there no reason to why they can't come" Eloise said. Violet looked at Anthony who was already leaving the room because he had so much work to do. Bullshit. "Oh well Eloise we will see if the ladies are free. They haven't seen each other in a while maybe they want to spend time just the two of them. Violet said sweetly trying to change the conversation.

Nervous didn't begin to describe how Kate felt. She was returning to London for the first time in a year. Edwina and the prince had married before Kate left for India last year as Edwina couldn't bare to have a wedding without Kate. Both them moved to Prussia quickly after the wedding and Mary stayed in London now living quite a lavish life as the mother of the princess of Prussia. As for Kate she return to Indian and spent most of the year in a state of depression. She missed Anthony dearly. She was angry at herself for leaving him after he begged her to stay she thought it would help ease the pain. It didn't.  Kate had broken down to Edwina the morning she left for India and was finally honest about her feeling for Anthony. Edwina told Kate that they should be together and Edwina didn't care because she knew Anthony and Kate were ment to be. However, even with Edwina blessing to be with the viscount Kate still left.  And now her she was back in London on her way to Mary's house without a clue in the world what she was going to do.