Chapter 5-"Flood, Sweat & Tears"

(Plantar House, Wartwood)

Inside the bathroom of the Plantar House, Y/N can be seen standing in the shower with his hands on the wall as the water sprayed down on him. On the right side of his back, a tattoo of a wolf howling in front of the moon can also be seen. He then removes his hands from the wall before turning off the shower.

Y/N takes a couple of deep breaths and steps out of the shower, grabbing his towel that was on the sink, using to dry himself off and later wrapping it around his waist. He then checks himself in front of the sink mirror and slicks his slightly long black hair back before leaving the bathroom and making his way downstairs to the entrance of the basement.

He lifts up the trapdoor and immediately notices a couple of small puddles on the floor of the basement which made him raise an eyebrow.

Y/N: "The hell? Why are there so many puddles down there?"

Y/N makes his way down the stairs and maneuvers his way around the puddles, avoiding them and successfully making it over to his cot without getting his feet wet. He quickly puts on his pants, shirt, and jacket before looking over to Anne's cot, seeing that it's empty. He then notices Anne's backpack which was left on the ground near a puddle. Y/N goes over and picks it up before going back to his cot and placing it on there.

Y/N: "There are puddles everywhere.. The pipes must be busted."

He then crouches down and pulls out his backpack from underneath his cot, placing it down next to Anne's backpack. Y/N zips it open and sees that all of his stuff inside were perfectly intact including his sweets, phone, and stone axe. He smirks and pulls out his axe before zipping his bag closed and picking it up along with Anne's backpack.

Y/N runs back up the stairs, causing a wooden pencil to slip out of his backpack and roll down into the basement before closing the trapdoor behind him and walking over to the couch in the living room, tossing both his and Anne's backpacks onto there. He then goes over to Hop Pop's room and knocks on the door, waiting a bit before the door opens.

Hop Pop: "Yes? What is it Y/N?"

Y/N: "I think the pipes in the basement are busted, there are puddles everywhere. You should go check it out before it gets worse."

Hop Pop: "Say whaaat?! The pipes are busted!?"

Hop Pop runs out of his room, pushing Y/N to the side and going over to the basement trapdoor, opening it up and seeing tons of puddles down there. He immediately runs downstairs into the basement, closing the trapdoor behind him.

Y/N: "Huh? That was quick. Welp, time to get some breakfast--"

Hop Pop: "AHHHHH!"

Y/N: "Was that a scream?"

Y/N runs over to the trap door and was about to open it until Anne and Sprig suddenly comes busting in from the front door before he was pushed aside by Sprig.

Sprig: "Hop Pop! Hop Pop!"

Sprig opens the trapdoor and sees the entire basement completely flooded.

Anne: "Whoa! What happened in here?"

Y/N: "(Peeks his head in) Goddamn, it was just a couple of puddles earlier and now it's like an indoor swimming pool in here!"

Sprig goes down to the bottom of the stairs and leans towards the water.

Sprig: "Hop Pop?"

Hop Pop: "(Appears out the water) BWAAAAHHH! Darned burrow bugs must have chewed the water pipes!"