Chapter 10 - Heart For Takeaway

Vince presses the palm of his hand against the door he just closed seconds ago for a few seconds, before turning around slowly to face me

Aaron was on his way out, but I can't imagine he enjoyed having the door slammed in his face.

"What was he doing here, at this time of the night?" Vince asks.

"What are you doing here?" i ask instead.

"Visiting..i would have come earlier, but Cynthia told me you and Tony were invited for dinner somewhere, so i waited for you to return" he says respectfully, handing me the flowers.

"What was he doing here?" he asks again, but i walk around him and try to open the door.

"Well, thank you for coming...and the flowers...but you should leave." I say.

The door opens slightly, before he slams it shut with his palm again.

"You haven't answered my question... Isn't that your father's associate, who is he to you?" He utters.

"It's none of your business Vince..now can you please just leave...I'm tired and i just want to go to sleep." I say.

"Or now you want to sleep? You had no problem having him around? are you sleeping with him, is that why he was here so late..did you sleep with him?" He asks, looking at me up and down with a look of disgust.

"Vince..."

"Just tell me." He says quietly.

"Tell me!" he repeats, but this time, much more louder, the veins on his temple and neck showing.

I exhale through my mouth.

"Are you fucking him, is that why you are acting so smug lately? Huh?" He asks, standing right in my face.

"I'm am not doing this with you again." I shake my head, then turn to twist the door handle, but his palm is back on the door, preventing it from even opening slightly, as he speaks over my shoulder.

"I've been doing everything you wanted, You wanted me to see a therapists, i'm seeing one, you wanted me to give you space, i gave you space....Rocky baby, what more do you want from me..i'm doing exactly what you asked me to do?" he mutters.

"Please i just need you to stop, you can do whatever you want with your life, i just don't want to be in it any more." I say and he steps away.

"I know you still love me, you care for me.." he insists.

"Let me just try.." he adds, coming back towards me until i'm pressed up against the wall again, this time, facing him.

"Raquel." He whispers, trying to kiss me, but stops when i keep twisting my face to avoid it.

"The more you keep doing this, the more you are making me hate you, pretty soon, i will feel nothing but only hate towards you..." I whisper, my lips trembling.