Chapter 39 - At Your Service

NB: Long chapter, may will need further editing later.

*

Raquel wakes up first the following morning and turns to where Aaron is fast asleep next to her.

Pushing her hair out of her face, she rubs her eye and focuses on the man sleeping next to her, his steady breathing, his warmth radiating close to her body...then something catches her eye, a white little tissue caught in the beddings.

Her heart stops and she sits up quickly, then slowly pulls it out from where it's trapped, her heart delighting in the fact that the love note upon which Aaron wrote his confession it is still intact.

'My love Raquel,

When you came along, you stopped me in my tracks and paved new ones for me,

And everything that hurt my heart before, it started to fade away when you came along.

You unearthed me to the rubble of myself and built me back up much stronger.

You introduced me to a different kind of like, an effortless kind of love...a truest kind of love

I love you,

I have never loved anyone, the way that I love you,

I will love you forever.'

She reads it again and smiles, then looks over at Aaron before slowly crawling out of bed so not to wake him up, even though she knows that he has to wake up soon too anyway.

After safeguarding the note in one of her drawers, she stands on the foot of the bed, like a total creep and stares at him sleeping in her bed, his back to her, his arms curled around the pillow supporting his head.

Her bed is not nearly as massive as the one at his place, and she sees how he has taken over a large portion of her bed, but she decides she doesn't mind. Not at all.

In fact, she likes the idea of him taking over her space, just like he has taken over everything in her life that is meaningful to her, like her heart and her mind that is ever full of his thoughts. Like her time too, both physically and mentally...It's all his.

'How did this happen?' she wonders.

How did she end up with this wonderful human being in her life.

Her stomach is suddenly bubbly at the memory of their confessions last night.

We love each other.

We are a couple in love and expecting a baby.

Oh boy!!

She sighs, placing her hand on her belly.

Overcome with emotion, she slowly climbs back on the bed and crawls closer to him.

Placing her hand on his back, she leans forward and rests her cheek on his back.

Her fingers slowly and softly glide over the back of his arm towards his shoulder.

Aaron shifts slightly, trying to decide if the soft touch on his body is part of his dream or reality.

A soft light kiss at the nape of neck causes his body to melt with sensation, and he shifts to his side, as Raquel shifts too to allow him his space.

He smiles.

This is a fantastic way to wake up.

Goodmorning" he murmurs, his voice low and hoarse.

His hand rests on her waist, as he brings her closer to him.