Nothing

(A/N I WROTE THIS FOREVER AGO OMFG LIKE IN NOVEMBER BUT I DIDNT REVISE IT SO IM SORRY IF THERES PLOT HOLES BECAUSE THERES TWO DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THIS. I'm uploading one to Teaspoon and I was excited about it when I had the ideas but I'm realizing that I kinda hate it so I'm taking this one in a completely different direction)

The Doctor's hearts raced, although his blood ran cold. What if there was something I missed? What if she never comes back? Oh, god, please don't let that be the last time I see her, he thought; What if there really was something wrong that she didn't even know about?

After setting his coordinates for a steady drift through space, the Doctor let loose and slammed his foot into the base of the TARDIS console. This resulted in a droning from the TARDIS and him muttering 'sorry'. He covered his face and slid down, his back against the place he's just kicked.

He thought back to nearly four days ago when he and Rose were running from a witch. Well, she wasn't really a witch, but she possessed all of the same powers as one, with the addition of green, scaled skin and a tail.

They were making great headway down the pavemented side of a canal in 1850's France. At first, he thought that Rose had tripped over her own foot, but not from the way she was falling; naturally, he reached out to catch her. She looked a little dazed, so he carried her back to her room on the TARDIS.

"Rose?" he had said, noticing that she was slowly passing out as he made his way to their room, "Rose, sweetheart, stay with me."

"You sound like my mum," she'd whispered, not that she could talk any louder.

"Rose, I'm as worried as your mum is right now."

"Don't be, I'm fine."

"You're not fine."

"Yes I am. Let me try to walk."

"No, you'll fall and I don't want you to hurt yourself."

"But--"

"You're taking a nap."

"I'm not--"

"Rose." He waited for her to argue with him; when she didn't he continued, "It'll just make me feel better. Look at me."

She squinted and then blinked, which was when he saw that her pupils were dilated. A couple of seconds later, her head lolled back, which caused him to run to their room. He tucked her in and sat next to her, above the blankets. He watched her until she stirred, which was about half an hour later.

"Doctor?" she had asked.

"Rose?" he shot up, "Yes, I'm here."

"What-- why am I in bed?"

"You passed out."

"I guess my head was hurting..."

"Are you sure that's it?"

"I'm sure."

"Is there anything I can get you?"

"I'm okay, just a little cold."

"Is that all? I'll be back in a sec--" he said, starting to get out of the bed, but she held onto his arm.

"Come on." She rolled big, brown eyes.

"But I won't help you feel better, I'll--"

"Yes you will. Now cuddle with me."

"But, Rose, my body temperature is one and a half degree lower--"

"It doesn't help any if I'm colder than you are."

"I just want you to feel better."

"You'll help speed that process up. Promise."