Jadisvena

The Doctor's breaths were shallow and he was covered in a cold sweat. He was buried under the blankets of the bed that he used to share with Rose and he could still smell her on them. He could almost feel her warmth there. His stomach ached and his head hurt, his hearts were pounding as they tried to keep blood flowing to it. He shook and waited for the telepathic call from his pink and yellow girl that he knew would never come.

He was afraid to fall asleep, but eventually he did. It was anything but a peaceful sleep; he tossed, turned, kicked, and flipped in the couple of hours. He dreamt about Rose, who else but Rose? It was her telling him that everything was okay. He kept on trying to tell her that it wasn't, but each time, she would say that it was. He was unsure what they were talking about, but he felt the anxiety from the dream within himself.

When he awoke, he was at peace. He was calmed and could think again; his breathing relatively normal. Which was weird since his lifeline had left him. He decided to get dressed and go to a planet that had always calmed him down, Jadisvena. It was similar to another, Midnight, except for one could survive walking on it's surface without being instantly evaporated.

Jadisvena was definitely in his top one hundred favorite planets to visit. The first time he had been was with Rose-- maybe she was why it was his favorite. He put on a red sweatshirt and jeans. Today, he would not interfere. Today, he would sit and wait for Rose to want him back. Maybe this week, maybe this month. But as for today, today, he was John Smith and was taking the day off. Today, he was not the Doctor.

He ran a hand through his hair, a habit that he quickly remembered Rose teasing him about, as he walked through the TARDIS door. His lips quirked as he thought of her mimicking the motion and sticking her tongue out. It was a good day on Jadisvena, not that there were ever any bad ones.

The sky blazed with reds, yellows, and oranges, the clouds light green in contrast. This reminded him of Gallifrey, though the terrain was completely different. It looked like a suburban town, but there was sand instead of grass and at least ten bodies of water that took up 80% of the planet. Jadisvena itself was a little bigger than the continent of Africa on Earth, but not by much, making it a tiny planet.

The Doctor sat in a little cafe, just off of the water. He watched as the clear, icy, blue water crashed together in calming waves. There was a small, wicker table in front of the leather chair that he'd chosen out of four more chairs among the table. Being there with Rose would have made it so much better. Her smile and optimism. And love of the quaint.

But, what was it that he loved the most about her? It could be her smile and optimism, or maybe it's her grin and positivity. Possibly the way she walks and her voice or the way she always knows and does what's right. Maybe the way her hair flows or the way she held his hand. Most likely, it was every single thing about her, from the littlest details up.

And then he saw her.

At first, he thought that it was just his mind playing a trick on him, but it was really her.

He saw them; himself and Rose, that is. The first day they'd been there. She had some chips that had barely been touched because she couldn't stop smiling and laughing enough to eat them.

He remembered the day so clearly, especially this part.

"I love..." He had said, but trailed off and ran a foot over the grass, "Applegrass. I love this applegrass." He mentally cringed at how botched the sentence was. "I love you," was what he had meant to say. Luckily there was a tiny patch of the beloved grass right by them. Nice save. Back to the point; it was what he had meant to say for the past year. Or two. Maybe three. This wasn't even the first time that he had tried to tell her, either.