Chapter 2

The now 27 year old ex-world Beyblade champion snored loudly in bed with his legs splayed wearing only red boxer shorts and one leg covered with blue Dragoon themed bed-sheets. Comic books lay littering his bedside cabinet and stood in an array of positions on his book shelf. Alongside these were various flavours of crisp packets, sweet wrappers and an ominous scrunched up white tissue. It was 09:56 and way past his wake up time. Grandpa Granger would have thrown a kendo stick at him by now if it wasn't for having to teach his early morning Wednesday karate class. Tyson was blissfully in dreamland after a long night of Xboxing...but not for long.

Daichi was back in town and creeping around outside under Tysons' bedroom window. His red hair spiked wildly in all directions, he popped up like a meerkat and scanned Tysons' bedroom for signs of life. He pressed his face against the glass, upturning his nose at a grotesque angle, his big brown eyes locking onto Tysons' sleeping, snoring form. He gently pried open the window with an uplifting shove from his fingers making a creaking sound as it moved. Once open wide enough the little wild man jumped in and stood over Tyson menacingly with a maniacal grin. He drew a deep breath and...

"TYYYYYYYSONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!" He screeched as loud as his lungs could.

Tyson leapt up like a bomb had just gone off, his heart thumping.

Daichi stood before him with his hands on his hips and a cocky unapologetic grin sported his face. Daichi was lightly muscled now, slim, athletic and had grown some over the years. He was still 12" shorter than his blue haired friend and most of the male Japanese population but hey the boy had grown at least. He wore beige ¾ lengths (still one shorter than the other), a dark baggy blue t-shirt, wristbands, trainers and a leather pocket on a belt where Strata Dragoon rested. His less than dressed buddy growled at him through his teeth and proceeded to launch manga books at the red-heads face.

"Daichi! Whats the big deal! It's rude to wake someone whilst they're sleeping! HOW MANY TIMES!" Yelled Tyson as he launched another binary assault.

Daichi dodged every book with ease. Tyson had grown sloppy and he took great delight in showing off his agility. One upping Tyson finally; after having never defeating him at the World Championships.

"Tyson I thought you'd be excited?"

"Grrrrrr excited about what!" grumped the Dragoon wielder pouting as he rubbed sleep out of his eyes.

"Don't you know?" Daichi teased. A bigger grin spread across his face. "Mr Dickenson hasn't told youuuu?"

"TOLD ME WHAT! JUST TELL ME!" Tysons' patience was wearing thin.

"The Charity beyblade tournament Mr Dickenson is putting together. It's a one off TV show for all the best beybladers in the World to raise money for charities. I think it's a publicity stunt but hey we can go head to head and I can finally put you in your place. We're all invited."

Tysons' eyes were wide with disbelief. "Whaaaa everyone?"

"Yep, think so. I don't know exactly but a lot of big bladers have been asked to compete. I'll knock em allllllllllll outta the water. Ha ha"

Tyson froze for a second whilst his brain kicked into gear. Was it true? He had to call Mr Dickenson and get the low-down. He kicked his manga books away from a corner to expose a crumpled black t-shirt, he threw it on and legged it to the home phone in the hallway. Before he had a chance to dial he saw there were 3 unanswered calls and a voicemail. With his heart beating mad with excitement, his mouth parting, he put the phone to his ear and pressed the button to start the voicemail.

Mr Dickensons' English voice was unmistakable.

Beep."Hello Tyson. It's been a long time hasn't it my boy. I hope you are well. Tyson I was hoping to tell you personally but there is much to arrange. I am hosting a Charity Beyblade tournament exclusively for those who are at champion level. There will be no rookies attending and it will be a worldwide broadcast extravaganza. The best beybladers in the world will be at this one off event. Max and Ray have all said yes to competing and are making plans to return to Japan next week. Max and Kenny are returning from America tomorrow. Ray will be arriving the day after next. I'm afraid I'm still waiting on Kais' response. I would like the Bladebreakers back together to kick off the tournament in style. I know you'll be there. See you soon. Goodbye for now my boy!" Beep.