Chapter 4

The next day... 8:30am

Ray and Mariah are the first up. Their usual day as village guards at White Tiger Hills starts early, like 5am early and their body clocks were still in that rhythm. Max and Kenny were used to getting up at 7am as that's the usual time they got up in America to be at the research facility by 8am sharp. Hilary woke at around 8am or just after hitting her snooze 3 or 4 times, this was her routine to to be kinda up in time to attend an adult college which she finished last month. Tyson and Daichi were still fast asleep; having no routine to wake up to. That was unless Grandpa Granger had something to say about it. His kendo stick had met Tysons' face many a time for sleeping in, only dodging it if Grandpa was busy or wanted to sleep in himself. Today was not one of those mornings.

Ray and Mariah were eating croissants crossed legged on the deck, side by side watching the birds flit around in the garden, picking at worms. Hilary was in the bathroom brushing her hair and getting her face on for the day. Max and Kenny were eating cereal at the table discussing how glad they were to be back in Japan and how much they had missed their homes and Japanese food. Grandpa was up, ready and reeling to go for the day and decided his dear grandson should be too. He was topless wearing hakama on his lower half and barefoot.

"G'morning Max-man an' Kenny." Said the Senior Granger with a kendo stick ready at his side as he passed the kitchen opening.

"G'morning lil lady." he said as he passed Hilary in the bathroom putting her foundation on.

"Gmorning folks." he said as he passed Ray and Mariah. With a mouthful of French pastry they muffled a "G'morrrning" reply.

The gang knew exactly what was to come. Most had seen this routine many many times before, so much so it wasn't even a spectacle anymore. Normal Granger household stuff. Mariah peeked her head around the corner to watch, to her... this was going to be entertaining.

He crept very light footedly into the man-cave dojo and stopped where the blue and red head were snoozing away. His kendo stick was poised over Tysons' face. He lifted his arms high, the tip of the kendo stick just missing the ceiling. In his head he counted "3...2...1." And bellowed a "TYSSSOOOONNNNN!" The blade came thundering down hitting the Dragoon wielder directly on the forehead. In years before Tyson could have maybe dodged this assault but he had slimness and agility on his side back then. Nowadays he didn't stand a chance. Tyson shot up to his feet half dazed by his grandfathers blow, stars buzzing around his head and a red angry bump began to appear.

"Ouuuuchhhh what did you do that for?!" Cried Tyson as the stars began to fizzle away and his equilibrium re-balanced.

"Your homies have flown half way round the world to be here 'n' train with you and all you do is catch the ZZZZzzzzzs you dig? Dontcha wanna train?"

Daichi shot up too; almost just as fast at Tyson did. He had never been struck by Grandpa Granger yet and never wanted to and wasn't going to tempt fate today. "I'm getting ready! I'm getting ready!" Daichi ran around frantic trying to find his trousers in an effort to appease Grandpa as quickly as possible.

"You're just sucking up to him." Muttered Tyson under his breath as he nursed the unicorn horn developing from his head. Daichi loved being Grandpa Grangers golden boy and never got a "chattin to".

Max emerged from the kitchen carrying a couple of clean empty bowls, spoons, milk and a boxed sugar coated cereal. He thought he'd go rescue Tyson from an impending argument with Grandpa and shove his morning routine along a bit.

"Here's breakfast, delivered by yours truly." Smiled Max.

"Thanks Maxie. See Grandpa I'm getting up and I'll be ready for the day in no time."