Chapter 3

The morning came round and Tyson was buzzing. He couldn't sleep the night before as he predicted and couldn't wait to see the one and only Chief and O'l Maxie again. It had been a long 4 months since their last visit to Japan since Max's Dads' birthday. Tyson dressed himself in much the style he'd always worn; tight slim-leg blue jeans, a loose yellow t-shirt, a belt with beyblade and launcher pouches attached and Hiros' cap. Being an early summer's day it was too warm outside for a jacket.

*Toot toot* Max's Dad was outside in his grey 7 seater people carrier. Hilary and Daichi were already onboard and calling Tysons' name from outside the dojos' walls. "Better getcha skates on boyo, ya peeps are waitin!" Cursed Grandpa Granger as his panicked and sweating grandson flew down the hall to put his sneakers on.

"I'm here! I'm here." Exclaimed Tyson as he dove into the vehicle headfirst.

"Will you ever be on time for anything Tyson?" Poked Daichi with his tongue out.

Tyson was a mixture of flustered and excited to register Daichis' comment. Today the regrouping of his old team was beginning and he couldn't wait to reach the airport.

*At the Arrivals suite at Narita Airport.*

"Heyyyyyyy Tyson!" Yelled a very chipper Max from the exit foyer. Nobody should be this awake after the flight they've just had.

"Maxie!" Tyson rushed at his blonde pal and embraced him in an excited hug. He fought back the tears of happiness so he wouldn't appear too soppy.

Max and Tyson were the same height now. His half American genes dictated he catch up to Tyson having always been a tad shorter growing up. Max had a heart stealing smile, kind and friendly blue eyes and was the easiest going guy you could ever meet. He wore dark green ¾ length combat trousers, sneakers with a light green strip across the sides and a slightly baggy dark khaki t-shirt with a large white star on the front. Minutes had passed and the two beybladers had progressed from hugging to playfully slapping each other on the back, laughing like children as they did.

Maxs' Dad and Hilary took it in turns to hug Max once they had pried him away from Tysons' overexcited grip. Daichi was too stand offish to allow hugs and thought of one thing...

"When should I challenge the blonde sucker into a match. Before or after lunch?"

"Hey where's Kenny?" asked Hilary, feeling bad having forgot him for a moment.

"He's still at baggage reclaim. He insisted on bringing half a lab back to capture data at the charity tournament...wait look! There he is!" Exclaimed Max as he pointed with an outstretched arm and finger.

Kenny appeared long down the hall like a humanoid tortoise with one bag in each hand, a suitcase dragging behind him and a super large backpack that was wayyy bigger than himself.

"Chief!" Yelped Tyson as he and Max stampeded towards him. Kenny was taller too, slim built, dweeby as always with his typical bushy brown hair and thick glasses which actually perch over his eyes but appear on his hair. He wore a teal short-sleeved shirt with a yellow tie, brown baggy shorts, sneakers and a wrist watch on his left wrist. He eventually managed to reach where Hilary, Daichi and Maxs' Dad were standing after being sniggered wildly at and offered no help by the terrible duo. They decided it was far funnier to watch The Chief struggle than help him.

"Tyson, Daichi, Hilary it's been a while." Whimpered Kenny under the weight of his substantial luggage. His knees threatened to buckle any minute. He made a mental note NOT to help Tyson or Max with their beyblades anymore for their mockery.

Another round of tight embraces and "how are you?"s ensued followed by light banter about a really hot air hostess, how out many years out of date the peanuts were on the flight and very importantly, where to go for lunch today.