☆𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚏𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚗𝚊𝚙𝚎☆

⇢ ˗ˏˋ꒰ started: 8 ・ 23 ・ 22 ꒱ ࿐ྂ

┃a short story about snape (ik yuck)
wanting to speak to
harry after his potions lesson

it was common knowledge that the hogwarts potions professor didn't think too much of harry potter.

the very first time they met, he bombarded harry with questions that no-one, except for one of harry's best friends; the brilliant bushy-haired brunette hermione granger, knew the answer to. there was even a trick question thrown in.

when harry was incapable of answering the questions, snape tutted. "clearly fame isn't everything, is it mr. potter?"

harry's face had turned scarlet at this. it wasn't his fault that his parents were famous thus consequentially making him famous as well.

it was hatred at first sight, but that was only beginning of their undying loathing for each other.

if harry was taking notes in snape's class, he was scolded for not paying attention.

if harry was listening attentively in snape's class, he was scolded for not taking notes.

the worst part was that harry couldn't complain because snape was always passive-aggressive about his bullying, so much so that it seemed that he was nothing more than a strict teacher. harry knew exactly why snape was being so subtle...

"you mean to tell me that professor snape knows your parents?" hermione asked, her deep brown eyes wide.
the trio of friends were resting under the shade of a large oak tree in the hogwarts courtyard; hermione sitting with one leg elegantly crossed over another, ron sitting carefreely with one knee up, and harry sitting cross-legged with perfect posture and a scowl.

"yeah, they went to school together." harry said, utterly disgusted by this fact. "he wasn't cool then either."

"that's so weird though, snape is so old." ron said.

"he really isn't, he just looks funny." harry shrugged.

"funny is a polite way to put it-"

"ron!" hermione scolded.

"he didn't really get along with my dad or my dad's friends... that's why he hates uncle m-professor lupin so much as well." harry explained, "and that's also why he has a grudge against me."

"professor snape has a grudge against everyone harry, and i really doubt he would a schoolboy grudge for all these years, that would just be immature." hermione said.

ron rolled his eyes. "oh come on hermione, don't pretend like you can't tell that snape hates harry more than other students."

"i really think that if it was personal, professor snape would be more straightforward about his dislike."

harry pondered this, his raven brows furrowed in thought, "that's true, i really wonder what's holding him back..."

- ♡ -

the next potions class went the same as usual; neville messing something up and getting berated, harry standing up for him and getting detention, hermione raising her hand to answer a question and not getting called on, ron not raising his hand and getting called on(and berated as well for failing to answer the question).

when the lesson was finally coming to a close, as usual harry was the first person to start packing his bag to get to the next class, but snape had said
"wait behind, potter."

hermione looked at harry with a "what did you do" look, at which harry simply shrugged. he couldn't remember doing anything different from the usual eyeroll, and snarky reply.