Club Fair

RING RING RING

Today was the first day of class, but we mostly just went through the course introductions. My stunt yesterday went pretty well and no one seemed to misbehave during the lessons. I was going to go to the cafeteria to eat my bento but, I remembered that today was the club fair and I started heading over to student council office. 

I knocked on the door and I heard what I presume was Tachibana telling me to enter.

"Hello Kiyotaka, I assume you know what you have to do" Manabu said while grinning slightly.

"Yes, I prepared the speech yesterday, so you don't have to worry about that" 

"What speech is he talking about, president?" Tachibana who was working jerked up her head and asked.

"The student council recruitment speech, like the one I gave last year"

Tachibana was in shock, I did realize that she respects the president a lot and will probably argue with him about this.

"I know what you're going to say, but sooner or later you are going to realize that Kiyotaka is better than everyone else in this school. I want him to give that speech, so I know that he will be prepared to be president one day"

I honestly don't know how there can be such a difference between siblings, he already realized my ability and accepted it, while Horikita was quite the opposite.

Tachibana looked stunned but, went back to working. While Manabu came and sat on the sofa and looked at me again.

"The speech wasn't what I was talking about, I meant the other thing" The president said while taking a bento out of his bag.

I gave him a slight nod and sat down on the sofa and took out my own bento and started eating. Tachibana, who had finished working, sat down next to the president and started blushing slightly. I honestly don't know how the president can be so dense.

"Also, I was planning on recruiting a secretary, you don't mind do you mister president" I asked since I didn't like to do the student council paperwork.

Tachibana looked a flabbergasted as if I had said something appalling, she was about to open her mouth but Manabu looked at her and shook his head. 

"If it's someone capable, I don't mind"

"Of course, it will be someone befitting of the student council, as long as you trust my judgment"

"If I didn't do that, then I would be the one giving that speech"

I just nodded and finished my lunch, there were still about 15 minutes left until class start's again when we heard the door open and a blond boy entered the room.

"Yo prez, I was going to ask if I have to do anything later during the club fair" he said walking over to where the president was sitting. 

"Nagumo, please mind your manner you're in front of the student council president for god's sake"

He didn't seem like the hotshot that the president made him out to be. The other thing that the president mentioned earlier was to either remove Nagumo from office or expel him. I wasn't really curious to why but, the president told me that he plans to make the school a true individual meritocracy. I didn't really care but, since he would probably be a hindrance to me, I'll get rid of him anyway.

"Yeah, yeah ill be more careful next time, Tachibana senpai" he suddenly noticed my presence and glared at me for a second before turning back to Manabu.

"For your question Nagumo, you don't have to participate in the club fair" there was a slight shift in Manabu's attitude which made him sound a bit more serious than before.