5: Storage Closets and Mumbled Apologies

RYLAND was angrily walking through the Hogwarts halls, bumping into anyone that didn't move out of his way. He felt hurt and he needed to talk about it. So there he was, standing outside the Slytherin common rooms asking for his brother.

"Malfoy can you tell Dylan Everest his brother is looking for him," He said trying not to let the anger in his voice show.

"Why would I listen to a blood traitor like you?" Of course, he was being difficult. Ryland's patience was running low, extremely low. Lucius Malfoy always had a way with getting on people's nerves. It disgusted him that his own brother was friends with a guy like that.

"I don't have time for this, just go get my brother!" He spat, stepping closer to Lucius ready for another argument. And with his luck another argument probably was brewing, a glint of amusement in Lucius eyes and a hint of a smirk on his face.

"Or what? Your little Hufflepuff friends are gonna beat me? Maybe that mudblood Evans?" the slytherin said, not stepping back either.

Ryland couldn't deal with this anymore. He had tried to take the nicer route. Now he was gonna have to resort to violence. Give into impulse. It was well known that Ryland was incredibly impulsive, although he could be kind and smiley, he also had a short temper. And Lucius had used that temper against him.

Ryland aggressively grabbed Lucius's shirt by the collar pulling him close. The Slytherin having to deal with Ryland's pent up anger. The anger that was originally towards the marauders, now doubled and aimed at Lucius. It had been a funny sight to any outsiders, a fourth year Hufflepuff about to fight a 6th year Slytherin.

"Don't speak about them that way, you have no right!" He was fuming, who did this asshole think he was to be talking about his friends this way?! His friends were way better than Lucius ever could be. Ryland was abruptly pulled off of Lucius and shoved behind a tall figure.

"That's enough, get out of here Malfoy," Dylan said, hiding Ryland behind him. His protection being the last thing Ryland wanted but it did probably get him out of soon to be trouble.

Lucius Malfoy scoffed before looking at Ryland's hidden figure.
"You're lucky your brother was here to save you" and just like that he was off. Trailing off into the halls. Ryland almost laughed at that, sure Lucius was borderline murderous but Ryland could certainly beat him in a fight.

"Why are you here?" Dylan asked as he turned to his younger brother.  Concern written all over his features.

"I needed to talk to you?" Ryland's sarcasm was clear because why else would he be near the Slytherin dormitories. He definitely wouldn't pick that as his ideal place to be at.

"Well, last time I checked that doesn't have to involve violence" He scolded. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, Dylan gave great advice but he'd be brutally honest with it. And on occasions would sometimes make Ryland feel worse because he'd realize that he was the one who kicked off the problem. The two brothers began walking to the astronomy tower, where they'd usually talk.

"I thought things were getting better, that I could mend the friendship that I had with Sirius. I told James everything and well I guess James told Sirius." Ryland was crying as he said this, his brother giving him his full attention. Ryland kept telling him what happened and how he felt. Letting everything spill out, feeling safe to share this information. Dylan and Edgar were the only people he'd trust with secrets, they had both been incredibly careful with him. Always making sure not to mess things up between them.

Ryland was now at the part where he had snapped at Sirius. Dylan just shook his head before smiling. "What are you crying for?" Was he serious? He just told him. wasnt he listening? "I literally just told you"