8: Holidays

(AN: RLLY SHORT CHAPTER I THINK IMMA START ACT 2 BECAUSE NOT MUCH HAPPENS FOR RYLAND'S FOURTH YEAR) 

RYLAND EVEREST was sitting with his friends in a train compartment on their way home for the holidays. Edgar was going on and on about his Christmas plans. One side of the train compartment had Edgar, Ryland, and Amos. The other side was occupied by Benjy, Caradoc, and Ted. Ryland was just trying to get yesterday off his mind. Such an idiot, what if our friendship is screwed up now? his thoughts were spiraling. He got pulled out of his thoughts when he felt a head lay on his shoulder, and Amos fell asleep. Ryland couldn't help but smile at the sight of his sleeping friend. Edgar peered over as well from Ryland's left.

"He's already asleep??" Edgar chuckled as the other three looked over at Amos. Benjy had a box of Bertie Botts and Caradoc took them from him. "Mate, how many of those do you think we can land in his mouth before he wakes up" Ted just smiled and held up 4 fingers. Benjy shook his head, "This is not a good idea, but my bet's on 2 and I'm in"

"Woah we're betting money?"

"No"

"Don't wake him" Edgar warned, his protectiveness peeking through.

"As long as none of them hit me, then I say go for it" Ryland said contradicting what the boy beside him said. Just like that the other three started to try to throw jelly beans in 'Amos' absentmindedly open mouth. "I can't believe he's a mouth breather when he sleeps" Ryland whispered to Edgar.

"You are too." He said in reply, immediately shutting up the blonde.

The rest of the train ride went by quickly, Ryland already dreading seeing his family. They weren't as bad as Sirius's family that's for sure but they expected so much of him since he was a shortfall of what his brother had achieved and he knew that. The train had been slowing down and the boys were all ready to disperse and say their goodbyes. Well except for Ryland, the boy had gone off talking about another one of his random thoughts that popped into his head.

"I think I'm gonna enter my slag phase after this break," Ryland declared confidence laced in his voice. Amos, now awake fist bumping him. "Right on brother, I am too"

"Will you two shut up and act like normal people when leaving your friends?" Benjy said trying to hide the amusement in his voice.

"Last week you were saying you didn't believe in love Ry" Ted Tonks had spoken up, completely unaware of how argumentative Ryland could be.

"Well, that was last week. Plus I never mentioned love. Keep up with the agenda tonks" Ryland said, with a smug grin.

"You can cross Emma Vanity off your list because I'm pretty sure she's into women"

"That's cool, I am too," Ryland said, not fully catching on to what Caradoc said. Edgar shook his head at the stupidity that the blonde was showing.

"You're all so stupid"

Their conversation was cut short when the train stopped. They started saying their goodbyes before Ryland went off to look for his brother. Ryland found his brother talking to Regulus. He joined their conversation even though he had no clue what they were talking about. Sirius was staying at Hogwarts that December, he knew that for a fact. Sirius asked him to stay but he knew he shouldn't. He didn't want to leave Sirius alone but he knew that Remus stepped up and offered to stay with him.