FAQs

1

1. What is Rewind The Classics 2022?

The Rewind The Classics 2022 is a collaboration organised between 42 profiles giving you another opportunity to explore a classic from a completely different lens — and of course, to recognize the best pens of the 2022 Classic Universe.

2. Do I have to follow the word limit in the rules sections?

The word limit is that and not over. However, this is not a hard limit and we're ready to give a small leeway if we like the entries submitted. But please do your best to still stay within the given limit.

3. Do I have to make a new book?

It's up to you! You can submit it in an existing or separate book.

4. For Short Story and Poetry, does my entry have to be a single chapter?

For short story: No, as long as the word count is reached, feel free to use as many chapters as you like.

For poetry: Since the length of the poem shouldn't exceed 300 words, please follow the one shot rule.

5. Can I submit more than one entry?

Yes, you can! Since we aim to return this month into the classics month, we heartily welcome everyone who would like to submit more entries.

6. Do I have to follow the prompt? Or can I write my own story?

You must write a story according to the given prompt, but we allow your imagination to run wild. Please make sure your entry should be written as stated by the prompt and contest guidelines.

7. Can I submit a retelling of Divergent or The Maze Runner?

No. Books like Divergent and The Maze Runner are not classics. Since retelling and fanfic do not mean the same thing, only fanfiction can be written for them, not retelling.

Note a fanfic gives you characters that you're familiar with that you can play with and build a new story structure under. Retellings give you a story structure that you can put completely different characters on top of.

8. So, can I use The Maze Runner's Thomas character in my Little Red Riding Hood retelling?

Of course you can! It will be very interesting and enjoyable to read a Thomas character living in the Little Red Riding Hood universe.

9. Can co-written and co-designed stories/poems/illustrations be submitted?

Yes. If you choose to submit a co-written story/poem, and a co-designed illustration and have it on both your profiles, please note that we can only add one of them to the contest.

10. What languages do I write in?

This year, we have a lot of international profile hosts, which means that you can choose to write in English, Turkish, French, German, Sinhala, Chinese, Hindi, Dutch, Portuguese, Arabic, and/or Spanish.

11. Can I submit a story with LGBTQ+ Characters?

Of course you can, this contest and Wattpad as a whole is always inclusive of LGBTQ+ characters and stories. We'd love to read about them!

12. Can I submit a Mature story?

Yes! You can, but please make sure your entry follows Wattpad's Content Guidelines prior to posting. (https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/200774334-Content-Guidelines)

13. How will my entry be judged?

Stories are judged on a variety of things such as spelling, punctuation, grammar, flow of the story and the originality of the story. Poetry and flash fictions will follow the same. And illustrations will be judged on a number of factors such as impression, font, difficulty and elements.

14. How do I submit my entry for this contest?

Make sure you add the #rewindtheclassics22 tag before submitting your entry to us, this is mandatory, then fill out these forms:

✦ For the short story contest: Use the form in the comments below!

✦ For the flash fiction contest: Use the form in the comments below!

✦ For the poetry contest: Use the form in the comments below!

✦ For the illustration contest: Use the form in the comments below!

Don't forget: The general theme for all entries is Retelling! Please take some time to check out your fellow competitors' entries and connect with your fellow talented writers!