La Seine (Chapter 7)

Real quick before we start, I have to say that I always picture the vampire horses as Shire horses bc they're the biggest breed

Real quick before we start, I have to say that I always picture the vampire horses as Shire horses bc they're the biggest breed. I also just love them they're some of my favorites.

~

"Flammable undiagrammable sentiments pass between animal beings." -I Love You For Psychological Reasons by They Might Be Giants

~

Preparing for the horses became significantly easier once Santana came along. The pillarman knew exactly what to do, what kind of accommodations suited them, and how much strength the average vampire horse had. He had a bit of trouble communicating all these things, (English was very different from the pre-columbian languages he was used to hearing, and it was very much an adjustment even with his advanced intelligence) but Marty found that he could understand the basics of a lot of Santana's sentences.

     He made a mental note to teach the language to the pillarman in a more in depth way than he was currently, when the animals had gotten settled in. Speaking of settling in, Santana had been doing a pretty good job of it all things considered. He'd adapted to modern clothing with only mild complaining, and Marty's compromise that he didn't have to wear all of them on the ranch. Though he did nearly give that one traveling salesman a heart attack. When Marty answered the door, only for a half naked giant to be looming in the dark behind him.

     That seemed to be a habit of Santana's. Even though he wouldn't quite describe them as friends, the pillarman followed him everywhere. He'd started to shift his sleep schedule to a more nocturnal one, purely so Santana would stop trying to follow him everywhere, hiding from the sun under an umbrella. It was something that worried him, and Marty added it to the mental list he'd dubbed 'things Santana does that probably need to be addressed at a later date'.

     When the horses arrived, the two had met the SPWF employees in the driveway. The drivers seemed surprised, as if they thought Marty would've been eaten by now. Which, was fair, but Marty still felt angry at their lack of faith on principle. The workers quickly unlatched the trailer, and drove away, not wanting to stick around for when the horses were released.
     The animals could be heard growling and stomping in the trailer. It wasn't until one set of the doors opened, and they got a view of their surroundings that they calmed somewhat.