Instincts & Joyride

{Author's note: I acknowledge that Transformers with wings and Transformers with wheels are the same species and race. I acknowledge that none of them have instincts but may I remind you that this is my fanfiction and that you have chosen to read it. This is just my fanon. In other words, no likie? No readie.}

[The Teams Return]

When the team came back through the groundbridge, they were greeted with the sight of Ratchet shooing the humans away from Mel.

It seemed like they had snuck past his eagle optics and began to play along with her.

"How many times do I have to tell you that Mel will accidentally hurt you all?" Ratchet scolded the trio as he scooped them all in his arms before putting them in their little area and Optimus followed him. "Ratchet, I think that exposing Mel to beings smaller than her will make her used to them as she grows-."

"Bah!" Mel shouted out and the entire team all looked at her. "Oh what happened to your nice little blanket?" Bulkhead asked because the blanket now had claw marks in some spots on it and he picked her up. "Ow!" He said when she pricked him with her talons and the wrecker quickly held her away from him.

::She would never hurt me.:: Bumblebee said confidently as he took Mel from Bulkhead and she promptly scratched his paint job.

"Give her to me." Ratchet grumbled and took her from the young scout. He sat her on a table and transformed a digit into a file. Just as the doctor grabbed one of Mel's claws, Optimus gently took the seekerling from him. Ratchet gave the Prime a strange look but Optimus returned his old friend a melancholy stare.

The doctor sighed before transforming the file back into his digit and went to the medbay.

The autobot leader ignored the tiny pain he felt from Mel's talons and he let her use him like a scratching post. He heard the seekerling's tanks grumble and as he was digging in his subspace for a prepared bottle of low grade energon, Mel was licking her servo and cleaned her faceplates with her oral lubricant.

"That's dirty." He said to Mel when he got the bottle out and she didn't seem to care but stopped just to grab the bottle from his servo.

Optimus absentmindedly walked to his berthroom and laid on the berth with her. Mel climbed on top of him and laid her helm over where his spark was, the Prime smiled softly at her and grabbed the bottle when she was done with it. Mel yawned and Optimus patted her back. Her optics started to dim and she purred quietly as she drifted into recharge.

The autobot leader knew that he couldn't retire to his berth yet, it was just only 5 PM. And so Optimus waited a few minutes before moving the sleeping Seekerling to the side and then left.

[Next 2 Weeks]

"Can I get some wound service here?" A white cybertronain with red and green decals went down to the base with the elevator and called out. "Jackie!" Bulkhead yelled at him before running towards the mech with his arms open wide. "W-Wait Bulk, no-" Wheeljack backed away from him but Bulkhead grabbed him and began to crush the poor mech in a back breaking hug.

Cracking sounds were heard and when the green wrecker put his mate down, Wheeljack swayed back and forth before falling backwards on the floor. "Oops." Bulkhead said and he looked at the other autobots in the room. "I may have hugged him too hard."

Arcee walked into the room carrying Mel whilst being covered in low grade jelly energon and she saw her large comrade pick Wheeljack up before waddling to the medbay. "I'm not even going to ask." Arcee said to Bumblebee as she passed him and she handed the seekerling to Optimus. "Arcee-" He began to say but she interrupted him.