Prologue

07 October 2021

"It was always you..."

He said as tears fell on his cheeks. He looked down and tried to conceal it.

She picked up her clothes which were scattered on the floor and did not utter even a single word. She carefully wore them back and avoided looking into his direction.

He sighed — a long one.  "Mahal ko..." He called her in his most longing voice.

She still continued dressing up; she tried so hard to stop herself from falling into his words again.

"May," he paused for a while — as if thinking of the right words to ask. "M-may pagtingin ka na sa kaniya?" His voice cracked.

She froze for a while, but managed to get back on track. She stood up and prepared herself to leave the bedroom they were staying at.

He buttoned his polo shirt and wore his pants immediately upon seeing her about to leave.

She stopped walking when she saw what he was doing. "H-huwag na..."

It was his turn to freeze. He just stared at her and tried to catch her gaze. He continued dressing up after. "H-hindi p-pwede... Mahal kita... S-sumumpa—"

"M-mas mahal k-ko na s-siya..."

Silence.

The sound of the door closing made him go back to his senses. He slowly stood up and went in front of the mirror. He punched it after and as the glasses shattered, he remained looking at his reflection. He focused on a shard and spoke to himself.

"No... I will never let you go, Leni... Never!"

##