New beginnings, new opportunities, and old feelings

~ Jimmy's, and subsequently Flower Ranchers', introduction ~

>----------<

Jimmy had felt the chilling embrace of Death before.

He had felt the cold, quick, and experienced, but never cruel (contrary to many people's beliefs), hands as they carefully and swiftly plucked him out of the living world and into her realm. The soft voice as she murmured sweet reassurances. The wings that brushed gently against him as she guided him into the void where he would stay, waiting until the Watchers decided they wanted another round of the death games.

This did not feel like Death.

No, this felt like being enveloped (read: suffocated) by warmth. Like being pulled out of the world by hesitant, inexperienced hands. Slowly, deliberately, as if he were a fragile egg, broken if you made one wrong move. (Jimmy scoffed at the thought. He wasn't some fragile, damaged egg.)

And then he felt the string snap. And then he felt no heartbeat beside his own.

It was a bit reliving, in a sense. To know that Tango wasn't bound to his cursed self anymore. But the only reason was because of his curse. And that stupid, stupid damn enderman.

It hurt, as well. He had gotten used to being soulmates with the netherborn. And in all honesty, he had quite liked it. He liked being with Tango. Liked the way that their heat seemed to seep into his very essence. Liked the late night cuddles, as they both pretended nothing was wrong, that they weren't in a death game, and they could live peacefully.

Some selfish part of him had missed Scott though. Wished he could have both them.

But that could never happen. He could never have them. He was just being selfish again.

And then he opened his eyes. And the universe decided it wanted to torment him again.

(Or it had decided to be merciful and grant his wishes, he couldn't tell which. But he was definitely leaning towards the 'universe tormenting him' theory. It always loved to torment him, after all. Why would it change?)

Because right in front of him, stood the two people he wanted most. Tango and Scott. Both looking dazed and confused - exactly how he felt.

"Guys?.." He asked.

Tango swiveled on his heels. "Jimmy?"

He laughed nervously. "Hey... Um.. I'm sorry. For.. Uh. Getting us killed, back there." His eyes darted around, not quite looking for an escape, but definitely uncomfortable.

Scott frowned at his words, but didn't move. He looked about to opened his mouth and speak, but Tango beat him to it.

"Jimmy, it wasn't your fault. And even if it was, I wouldn't care or take it personally or anything."

He was suddenly very interested in the grass beneath his feet.

"You know that, right?.. You know I care about you. That I don't care about those things. Right?."

His head shot back up. "Of course! I wasn't implying you didn't! I just..." He trailed off.

And then Tango was moving closer to him.

And then their arms' were around him.

His heat was a familiar feeling. It wasn't like the stuffy, suffocating, external warmth that surrounded him earlier, no, Tango's warmth was a comforting feeling. It felt like a warm fire, heating you up from the inside out.

It felt like home.

-A home that was incomplete. A home that should include one more.-

And if Tango was the fire, Scott was the cold that clung to you as the wind whipped at you.

Two clashing forces, but complimenting ones none the less.

You couldn't start a fire without the cold, and you couldn't have cold without heat. Jimmy couldn't have Tango without Scott, or Scott without Tango.

And he tried. Tried only having one.

But in the cold he longed for fire, and in the heat he missed the cold.

The feeling had been there even in 3rd Life. When he and Scott were married. The feeling that something was missing. But it wasn't an issue, not when they were in a death game.

It had turned into an issue now. Because now, wherever they were, they weren't in the void. They weren't waiting for the next round of the Watchers' game.

And wherever they were, it seemed pretty peaceful. Somewhere they could relax, and actually have time to figure out their feelings.

But that was for the future.

Because right now, Jimmy was being embraced by Tango and Scott. (He didn't know when the other had joined the hug. He didn't care.)

Maybe later, they could talk about their feelings. And sort things out.

But now? Now, he was surrounded by both the fire and the cold. A perfect balance, and a perfect fit for Jimmy.

>----------<

A/N: I don't know if I like that ending- but it's good ig
Also. THEY WILL GET TOGETHER I PROMISE-
Maybe in the next part? Idk-
Haven't written it yet lol

Welp. See ya!-