Chapter 37 - KBG Interrogation Room, Communist Sector Berlin, Germany 1960

Jake Manifold awoke to Russian voices. "Where am I?"

"Agent Chang," the doctor smiled. "You were taken out of Kashgar China with three bullet wounds, and severe blood loss -"

"Slower," Jake said, trying to make sense of it all. Then he remembered... Mac. What had Mac said?

"Okay pal. Your cover name is Vladimir Chang. You are a KBG agent who hates Americans, especially one named Indiana Jones, and you will get at him any way possible. You had his daughter, Emily Jones shot because of this. Along with Miss Jones you also shot the American spy who was after the scroll. You were very close to finding the scroll, based on information gleaned during the interrogation of Emily Jones, when your best friend, Riley Dawson, an arms dealer stole all your research and shot you, three times. I'll forge your papers right away."

"I'm sorry – can you repeat that?" Jake asked.

The doctor stuck a thermometer in his mouth and checked his pulse. "You are in Berlin, getting a blood transfusion, because you were shot three times. In four hours you are to report for an interrogation -"

"Interrogation?" Jake echoed, alarmed, catching the thermometer as it fell out of his mouth.

"Not for you. You will interrogate a prisoner. An American... a very pretty blonde, named Emily Jones."