Chapter 60: KBG Interrogation Room, Russian Sector, Berlin 1960

The KBG captain had Emily in front of him. She stood before the desk of an older man... one who remembered World War 2, judging by his age - but still had an eye for the ladies. 

"We searched the city Comrade Dyistock. We found nothing, except her," the captain glanced at Emily. "We asked her for papers, but she had none. I wanted to interrogate her further -"

Emily growled at him.

"As you can surmise, Commander." The KBG commander wiped at his split mouth. "She does fight well..."

Dyistock stepped out from behind his desk and walked around Emily. She was on the floor, her hair dripping and chilling the back of her neck. She shivered, a poor effort by her body to keep warm. The handcuffs clinked as she shook.

A mug of hot tea was put under Emily's nose. The steam warmed her face and for moment Emily managed to take the mug, and drink it.

"Who are you?" Dyistock asked.

"Emily Jones."

"Why are you wet?"

"I swam through the river," Emily said through chattering teeth.

"Into Communist Berlin?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I wanted to find out if I was right."

"About what?"

"My father."

"And were you?"

"I don't know." She shifted her weight and stomped on the foot of the KBG captain. "Your goons arrested me before I could find out!" Her fist swung wide - 

Two KBG officers grabbed her forearms, yanking her backward. Emily fell against them, off balance, unable to fight.

Dyistock looked down at Emily Jones. "And who is your father?"

"Henry Jones," Emily pulled against the officers snarling at Dyistock.

Dyistock nodded and threw his coat around her shoulders. "Take her to a warm fire. Get her something to eat and something else to wear."