1. Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Later, she was like a guardian ghost, she kicked and punched away the ghosts that came close to me. She told me how to avoid them. I started to see less of them, these ghosts. I put on some casual clothes, the simple yet scruffy black T shirt, and pants were my go-to. Styling my hair with some hair gel. Still messy but better.

I took less meds. I feel better.

But I can't remember things.

Names, places, things I did just now.

"Don't worry. You will surely remember them one day."

"Que sera sera, right?"

"Right. What will be will be."

There was a weird look on her face.

"What?!"

"What era are you from? Que sera sera? Ha-ha," she replied with loud laughter ringing throughout the house if ghost's voice can resound and echo.

Slowly, I started shopping, buying plants, planting she said would help me a lot. She loves flowers, vegetables, and fruits. We bought all kinds of seeds and plants to be planted at the back garden of my house.

One day, when passing a yard sale by one of my neighbors, we saw a cassette tape recorder. She was excited about it. So, I paid the neighbor and bought it back with some cassette tapes that were given away together. I set one in and started to listen to them. They were scratchy but she loves it a lot.

Under the kitchen light, she asked me to play her favorite song.

"Ain't No Mountain High Enough?"

"Yes, you finally remembered the name."

"How about another? It's kinda boring."

"No, that's the best one out of all this," as she pointed towards the pile of cassette tapes that I placed neatly in a box and then suddenly she dragged me around and forced me to dance with her in the kitchen.

There wasn't much space in between the counter and the island but we danced.

I was bumping into things while things just passed through her.

The medicine bottle rolled off the table, without me noticing.

Forgotten, ignored.

Only music rung in my ears, my heart beating in my chest.