2 : A kid in a care

Though I'm not quite happy of being 'a bridge' for everyone, at least I'm good enough not to ruin other people's love, especially those who are younger.

"I'll sit here."

I say as I clear the messy desk next to Uea's before putting a laptop that is not in use by anyone on the desk, then I smile kindly at Mai who's standing by my side.

Because he definitely sets his eyes on my friend – seeing that his eyes seem to never leave Uea – as a good supervisor, I should offer him what he wants. Part of it, I feel a bit pity for the guy. Maybe one day he'll remember me being a wingman and bring me some yummy snacks.

Hey, I'm not doing this because of my gluttony. It's just an idea popping up in my head.

"Um..." Mai mutters with hesitation. He turns to me who just stand there, looking proud of my middleman skill. He tries to say something.

"Anything wrong?" I ask.

"You're making him sit here then how the hell are you gonna teach him about the job?" Uea asks.

I'm speechless. Yeah, I completely forgot about that.

My eyebrows are tied in a knot before they quickly loosen. I smile and say casually,

"Well, the desk next to mine is 's desk. There's no other empty space left except next to you there. How about you teach him instead, Uea? Then I don't have to go back and forth between my desk and Mai's."

I say with a hidden shipper smile. Not only the young guy gets to hook up with the one he sets his eyes on, I also don't have to take care of him. Damn. I'm such a genius!

"Well. If so, I'll move over."

An unexpected reply comes from Uea's mouth, making me all confused. I stand there stupidly while watching Uea gathering his stuff.

"Hold on, hold on. You're moving? For what? That's wasting time for no reason," I say.

"You trying to stop me is a waste of time too. Just put Mai at my desk so you can teach him easily," he says in a monotone.

I stand there and look at my friend who is moving things without listening to my objection. I peek at Mai who's been looking at me and say sorry to him in my mind.

Fine, at least not all failed. He still gets to sit next to Uea on one side though I'm right on the other side. Don't be too sad, kid.

Five minutes pass and the desk moving phase is now over. Mai sits down next to me with a smile.

"What do you want me to do, senior Jade?"

"Just Jade. Well, first turn on your laptop. I'll show you some references of works we've done," I say. He follows in an instant.

I secretly glance at Mai's hand as he reaches for the button to turn on the computer. He has a big and long finger, and his skin looks smooth.

Good-looking people even have good-looking fingers.

I create a business email account for him and send him the files of work I've done so he can understand the nature of our jobs. I spend the whole morning on explaining the scope of the work. Since our company is not that big, the range of work we have to do is quite wide. I assign him to do the cover image for the company's main page, then I check my email.

I see the portfolio of the Mai's work. His skill is very impressive. All details are covered. I can tell that he doesn't only use the basic program to finish up his work, but also uses other editing tools. He seems to be eager to learn more – more eager than me for sure, because I don't even know how to use some of the tools he uses.