Chapter 1: Plan A

"Father... Mother... who was this so-called Grey?" he demanded.

"When you are older and when he starts appearing more often I will tell you, for now just go to your room" Killer said, her voice sounded numb. Nightmare seemed a bit worried but nodded in agreement.

✩•̩̩*˚ Crescent ˚*•̩̩͙✩

Crescent groaned annoyed as he woke up from a nightmare. A chuckle escaped him before looking towards the window. He frowned as he stared outside. It was still very dark, barely a glimpse of light. He threw himself back into the bed, he didn't feel like doing anything that day. But he had some things to learn, he looked away from the window and cuddled up to a pillow. Pulling his blankets back up to cover himself.

He stayed like that for a while, unable to fall asleep. Moving around in his bed, accommodating himself over and over and over again. The nightmare he had just had was the memory of a ball. When he was younger...

He still remembered how security had been increased once again, and that after that day. He could not go out of the castle alone. He sighed sadly. He just wanted to explore the world outside of these walls, like his mother and father used to. He could of course sneak out but he didn't want to get on his parents' bad side.

Today was actually the day... when Grey had sneaked into the castle. The day he met Grey, where he had thought and confused him for a simple gardener. But it turned out that he was his so-called "uncle". It was the day when a small ball for all the young Princes and Princesses met each other. The day where everything had changed.

Crescent still remembered how he had eagerly run towards his cousin Lux. Explained everything to her. Told her everything he had learnt, everything he had seen. Told her everything he could... before she left on an important trip. She was young, well not exactly that young. But she was one year younger than him.

And since she knew she wasn't going to ever become Queen. Even if she actually did wish to be one. She decided to help other kingdoms. The only reason she ever wished to be Queen though, was because she wanted to help the poor.

He, Crescent, had told her that once he became King he would allow her to help him. But she said that was his sister's job and her eldest brother's (Hope) job...

Either way...

Around this time was especially the day when security was at its highest. He was probably going to be followed around by his parents, forced to be next to his sister at all times, and there was a high chance that he was going to be followed by a guard. The idea made him laugh. He remembered when his mother usually used to tell him stories about her past and how she hated being followed or supervised. And right now she was doing quite the opposite. Well, guards rarely followed her around. It was mostly his father following her around making sure she didn't do any dumb sh*t. But his mother had always made sure they were being supervised.

Probably not to get in trouble or whatever other stupid thing parents fuzzed about. But still. It annoyed Crescent. There were days, like today, when he didn't want to get up. Just to be able to spend more time alone, but soon enough a maid would enter the room to take him to get breakfast.

He quickly got up, he never liked the idea of maids entering his room. They were annoying, well at least that's what he thought. He found them annoying cause they would always be trying to help him choose what to change into.

Crescent hated when people did that when they tried to choose what he would wear... basically hated when people tried to order him around. Even if it was just something simple. He was, after all, quite short-tempered. Luckily he had gained more control over his emotions as he grew. And was more patient with those he knew and liked. Well especially with his parents or other high-class people, he didn't want to get in trouble.