Chapter 15: Wooden Safety

Both stopped and looked around, but before they could continue walking forward. Or more like Gradient walking forward.

A huge beautiful falcon, with red feathers came flying. Crescent had never seen such a beautiful bird. He smiled as he stared at it. But his smile didn't last for long. No when he saw his father walking down the stairs with T.F.. Both seemed to have been discussing something.

And before he knew it...

✩•̩̩*˚ Gradient ˚*•̩̩͙✩

Everything had happened too fast, Gradient stared around. Her mind racing with thoughts. She looked at Crescent, then at King Nightmare, then at her brother, and lastly at Queen Killer.

It had been a red, beautiful falcon flying down towards them. Gradient had felt how Crescent had tensed next to her but she had expected he was afraid of birds or something. But then the bird seemed to start melting. And without any warning, the queen was standing in front of them.

Her body was frozen, unresponsive. When she gulped it felt metallic. Dizziness started clouding her mind. The pain in her abdomen worsened. But it wasn't as noticeable as the headache that was slowly taking over her. Now that she thought about it, her abdomen hadn't been the only place where she had been hit.

But she knew that if she passed out she would worry everyone even more. Still, Gradient grabbed Crescent's hand tighter. Leaning a bit of her weight towards him. She looked up at him, sweat trickled down her forehead. But she said nothing. Her breathing was quick.

~

Silence... that's all that there was. An abundance of it. So much you were intoxicated by it, making it hard to breathe. The pressure in Gradient's chest was painful. But it was out of the emotions she felt. Due to being overwhelmed and confused. Crescent had ignored her the whole time. But not once had he let go of her hand.

Both their hands were sweaty, but still, they didn't let go. It felt weird. Their palms were sticky yet smooth. And no matter what they did, they didn't let go. Both knew Crescent's parents were a bit confused, and Gradient's brother (StarDust) was uncomfortable. Oftenly staring at their hands. When he was forcing them to... talk and say what had happened, he tried to mention about the hands. But Gradient had quickly intervened.

Crescent noticed this but said nothing and looked back out the window. Placing his chin on his free hand. His eye bags were more noticeable than ever. Not as bad as when they were trapped in the cells. But still, their presence wouldn't leave.

Once in the castle, both would be able to rest and recuperate. Gradient couldn't wait to get back there, looking out the carriage window excitedly. She couldn't help the excitement of going back to her room and resting.

Finally, they entered the town. People seemed to look at them curiously. But went straight back to what they were doing. The kingdom seemed too lively that day, they probably didn't know that Crescent and Gradient had been missing. That their future king and a princess from an ally kingdom had been kidnapped and missing for two or three days.

But they didn't stop, they had been travelling through the town area for quite a while. King Nightmare and Queen Killer hadn't said a word. StarDust was getting nervous by the minute. And yet, even after all the nervousness, Gradient and Crescent held hands.

After a while, they started entering the field area. It was... weird to say the least. Why would they be there, wasn't the castle the other way? Gradient couldn't help but wonder. And it seemed the Crescent was getting curious too. He was frowning and kept staring over at his parents.