𝟎𝟎. 𝐚 𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

A WOMAN SAT AT THE TABLE, GENTLY FOLDING SMALL SLIPS OF PAPER. She appeared to be practicing the art of origami, all by herself. That is, until a young boy had waddled over to her, placing his little hands on the edge of the table. He'd try to pull himself up higher, wanting to see what she was doing.

"Mama, what are you doing?" He asked, using one of his hands to tug at his mother's sleeves. She smiled, putting down the paper and pulled him onto her lap. Once he was settled in, she resumed her paper folding.

"I'm making a little something," She'd reply in a soft voice, chuckling when the child tried to help her fold the paper. "But it'll take a bit to finish. Would you like to hear a story in the meantime?"

The boy nodded excitedly. He always loved her stories. He'd ask her to tell him stories before bed, and even during mealtimes!

"Yes! Yes please!"

"Are you sure? It may be a little scary."

The boy shook his head, placing both hands on his hips with a proud huff. "I can handle it! I'm a man! And when I grow up, I have to protect you! So I can't get scared!"

She chuckled, ruffling his hair affectionately. "Alright, alright. Listen closely."

𓆩♡𓆪

In this world, there are monsters. They are called demons; man-eating, and cruel creatures. They retain none of their humanity, and are physically strong.

["Ooh...t-that does sound really scary..."]
["If you want, I can stop here."]
["No, no! I can do it! Continue please!"]

Wounds heal in the blink of an eye. Their limbs can be regenerated. Sometimes, they can have otherworldly abilities. And they can only die by sunlight, or by decapitation with a special sword.

Nobody knows when or where they first appeared, but have continued to terrorize humanity ever since.

["But...mama, does that mean demons hunt us everywhere? Doesn't that mean they can just come in our house?"]
["...Mm. However, there are those who protect us from the demons."]
["Really?! Who?"]

The Demon Slayer Corps. Unrecognized by the government, and has several hundred members within it. Despite this, they continue to protect humanity and slay these demons.

They fight the demons with their mortal bodies, not possessing the same regeneration abilities or otherworldly abilities - yet they continue to battle them for years!

But in the recent years, there have been sightings of something that may just turn the tide in this long-lasting war...

And they are known as a guardian angel.

["Guardian angel? Like the pretty people with wings?"]
["Yes. They're very strong, as well."]

There is only known to be one in existence, at least in this world. Quite like the demon race, nobody knows when they first appeared.

Their name is unknown, and their physical features are said to be forgotten by those who have had the opportunity to witness them. The only memory they have of the angelic creature were it's pure, white wings. It appears that the angel only allows certain people to remember their face - to protect themselves, maybe?

Nobody knew, but it didn't stop them from appreciating their efforts.

The angel was said to be compassionate, and caring to those they protect. Though they do not falter against a demon, they hold sympathy for the demon's past, human life.