𝟎𝟏. 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐣𝐢𝐫𝐨 𝐤𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐨

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

BEING A GUARDIAN ANGEL WASN'T EASY.

They had come to terms with it all those years ago.

They took pride in protecting the weak, and those who couldn't protect themselves. They'd put their life on the line for them, fight for them, and care for them as if they were their own.

They shed tears and blood for them. Sacrificed so, so much for people they do not know so well.

They did their best to protect as many people as they could. But they were only one person. One guardian.

Despite the majority of the population holding them in high regard, greed and grudges still remain in the dark.

Those who were unfortunate to have lost loved ones because they were too late.

Those who craved for power, and attempted to hunt down the winged creature.

Those who cursed their name, because how could they hear such good things about this guardian angel, yet forsake them in their time of need?

So what if they could see the day they are destined to die above their heads? So what if the Divine forbade them to save those who were written to die the way they did?

None of that mattered in the eyes of the mortals - because why would it? All they truly cared for was the protection of the guardian angel; there was nothing else to it.

But not for Tanjiro.

His mother was quite fond of this guardian angel; as a result of this, she'd always tell him and the rest of his siblings about them. Sure enough, he found great interest and grew a similar feeling of fondness for this angel. They'd light lanterns, and set them off into the night sky along with the hundreds of other ones sent by other devoted people.

He always wondered if he'd ever get the chance to meet them. Though, he supposed that if he were to see them, that wouldn't be a very good thing, as he'd have to be in danger...

"Ma, does that mean every time I'm in danger, the pretty angel with a cool sword is going to protect me?"

Every day, before leaving the house, he'd clasp his hands together to wish for protection upon his family when he'd have to leave to sell charcoal. His wishes were quite obviously answered positively, as they remained in peace for many years.

Until one day...

"...How did this happen?"

Fate took a drastic turn.

"Nezuko, don't die! Don't die on me!"

A boy, with disheveled burgundy hair and wild red eyes panted as he carried his little sister on his back.

"I'm gonna save you no matter what!"

The snowy winds nipped at his skin, shivering as his tear-stained face became cold. Puffs of steam left his mouth with every haggard breath, and he could feel the tears begin to build up once more. It seemed that every time he blinked, he could only see the image of...the image of...!