𝟎𝟐. 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

AFTER A YEAR OF TRAINING, Tanjiro would head down the mountain with a newfound sense of motivation.

Yeah, maybe it wasn't his proudest moment back there, being insulted and defeated by some kid with a kitsune mask—but upon coming to and receiving guidance from the other girl that was there, he returned to Urokodaki's home to rest for the night.

He was ready to start training himself properly this time. Not remember it as a fact, but teach his body what it has to do. He'll get stronger and stronger, and then he'll challenge Sabito again.

What he wasn't ready for, however, was the appearance of—

"...An angel?" He muttered in disbelief, staring at the sight before him. He couldn't believe his eyes.

There, in the room where Nezuko laid, sat a being that radiated so much...how could he even begin to describe it? His senses were overwhelmed with the pure energy that filled the small room. They were kneeling, and his beloved sister's head was on their lap. He watched in awe as they casually raised their head to look at him, combing their fingers through her long, dark locks.

"I see that you've met Sabito," Their voice snapped him from his thoughts, and his eyes darted back to their figure. "He truly didn't hold back on you, did he?"

He couldn't bring himself to speak in such a presence—he was practically speechless.

All he could think about was how accurate his mother was when she told him how beautiful their wings were.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity to the boy, he quickly regained his bearings and bowed his head. He seemed to realize his staring as well, face flushed in embarrassment. "Y—Yes! I apologize for staring!"

"...Ah, but..." He raised his head, though his body remained as stiff as a board. "You...you know Sabito?"

A chuckle left their mouth, nodding. "Of course. I know him all too well," They opened their mouth to say something—though seemed to fall into deep thought. After a few moments, whatever internal conflict they had...seemed to disappear as they shook their head.

"He...yes, I've met him before." They cracked a small smile. "He's strong-willed and confident. It's admirable."

Their smile seemed to affect him as the corners of his mouth turned upwards, nodding in agreement. "Right! Oh, maybe I should introduce myself first—" He placed a hand on his chest. "My name is Tanjiro Kamado! It's nice to meet you, Mx. Angel!"

Shaking their head, they held a hand up dismissively. "...Don't be so formal, Kamado—I promise you I'm not that scary. You can call me y/n."

'All of a sudden, they seem really laid-back,' Tanjiro thought to himself as he blinked in surprise at how quickly the atmosphere changed. 'Casual, even. Now that I think about it, they seem pretty young...or maybe that's just how they look?'

"I—I see..." He scratched the back of his head, now feeling less tense with their reassurance. Though they were also quite curious—y/n was definitely something he's never heard of before. People would only refer to the angel as—well, 'angel.' Was he the first to know their true name? Why him, of all people? "y/n. Um, if it's not too much to ask, what are you doing here?"